Tennessee Performing Arts Center
Public Relations Manager-Presentations
Tennessee Performing Arts Center
TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
The Public Relations Manager for Presentations increases public awareness and ticket sales for TPAC programming, including but not limited to touring Broadway, dance, dramatic theatre, and family programming. Managing a mix of earned media coverage, media relations, general publicity, partnerships, and community engagement, this position supports an integrated marketing approach to increasing ticket sales, developing engaging stories, and fostering a positive perception of the organization and its mission.
- Develop and maintain a database of valuable media contacts and community partners to cultivate publicity and earn media coverage for TPAC programming, dedicating time to building new relationships.
- Coordinate within the department and with touring press representatives to build and implement strategic public relations and earned media plans for touring Broadway and other at-risk programming, including dance, dramatic theatre, and family programming.
- Serve as primary conduit for appearance requests for touring artists to support in-town earned media and audience engagement events.
- Assist with the creation of additional written and digital content for TPAC.org, social media channels, and on campus digital platforms.
- Apply strong written communication skills toward creating and pitching unique promotional stories and content for traditional and online media.
- Work with Senior Manager of Communications and other departments to use the TPAC campus for publicity and earned media coverage opportunities effectively and efficiently, supporting TPAC’s relevance as a significant cultural anchor.
- Coordinate media tickets for TPAC presentations, including touring Broadway and other at-risk programmatic series.
- Work with touring representatives to coordinate production materials and approvals for TPAC performance programs or “playbills.”
- Maintain tracking, benchmarking, and archiving of earned media coverage and create quarterly reports to communicate the value of earned media efforts.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned
Required: Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of related experience and/or training. Strong written and verbal communication skills with an understanding of what determines news value and how media outlets plan coverage. Experience in media relations, developing media contacts, and building media plans. Ability to multitask, including the handling of PR plans for more than one event or topic at a time. Passion for the performing arts and a belief in the importance of arts education and arts access.
Preferred: Familiarity with AP Style. Understanding of the contemporary media landscape, including the relationships between traditional media, social media, influencers, and emerging platforms. Comfort in responding to media, including serving as on-camera spokesperson as needed.
Encouraged: Bilingual capability.
SOFTWARE AND SERVCES USED
Microsoft Office Suite, Cision, Tessitura, VenueOps, Asana, Zoom.
How to Apply
Please visit our website and apply through our jobs portal
- Date Posted: June 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture