Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
Public Relations and Communications Manager
Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
- The Public Relations and Communication Manager will develop and implement Goodwill’s overall strategic public relations programs to include, but are not limited to, media relations, community relations, public speaking, social media, and internal/external communications. Effectively increase Goodwill’s positive media exposure in the communities served in conjunction with Goodwill’s total corporate identity/brand awareness campaign.
- Develop and implement the agency’s PR/Media strategy. Coordinate and recommend tools, best practices, and strategies to optimize the agency’s outreach efforts.
- Serve as primary spokesperson for the agency and provide media training for key staff members.
- Generate and monitor social media, and traditional media (newspaper, television, etc.) coverage
- Write copy for all external and internal communication mediums.
- Interview and work with the staff videographer/photographer to capture appropriate news content and events at various sites.
- Disseminate news material to appropriate news media and contacts. Develop new stories, news idea memos, letters to the editor, videos, press kits, public service announcements, and other appropriate news materials.
- Develop and coordinate news conferences and media events, when appropriate.
- Monitor and analyze news coverage through online media, press clippings, logs, broadcast tapes and/or scripts, and content analysis and the effects of news coverage on donations, retail sales, and Goodwill’s employment and training services
- Maintain the agency’s crisis communications plan and serve on the crisis communications team.
- Serve on the organization’s L2, Safety & Policy Committees, and other committees as assigned, e.g., TRUE Blue.
- Manage all brand identity and key messages communicated internally and externally — to employees, the media, or the general public.
- Assist the department in the development and implementation of all annual programs sponsored by the agency, i.e. Annual Dinner, Impact Week, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or public relations is required.
- A minimum of 10-15 years in news reporting, editing and writing, and/or news media relations is required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills with very strong writing, proofing, and editorial skills are required. Ability to understand multiple audiences and develop content focused on their specific needs. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and other informative communications. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, consumers, and the general public using tact, courtesy, and cooperativeness.
- Reasoning: Must be a strategic and innovative thinker with the ability to see the larger picture while also being able to drive projects from development to completion. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to gain the respect and confidence of others, and act with the highest level of integrity in all situations.
- Leadership Skills: This position will lead various projects and initiatives as they relate to their specialty. Previous leadership and management experience will help this position set priorities and lead assignments
- Other Skills and Abilities: A demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding communication strategies. A self-starter, detail, and task-oriented, able to successfully manage multiple priorities and work well individually on a project or in a cross-functional team environment.
- Computer/Media Skills: Experience with new online media. Experience with various software applications such as Microsoft Office, or Google Suite. Experience in a MAC or Microsoft environment.
- Social Media: Must regularly participate with multiple online communities and understand social media tools to include, but not limited to, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, among other social media outlets. Ability to integrate PR/Media efforts into broader marketing campaigns.
Please visit our website for more information:
How to Apply
Please visit our Company Website and apply:
- Date Posted: November 14, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 11/11/2022