The Next Door
PT Day RN or LPN
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Responsible for providing nursing care for clients who are being served through The Next Door’s continuum of care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Shift is Thur and Fri, 8a-8p.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Collaborate with fellow nurses each morning to determine immediate tasks needing completion for the day including, but not limited to, preparation of discharge medications, calling in prescriptions to the pharmacy, lab draws, pharmacy pick-ups (DOH), and client transports when necessary.
- In the event of a call-out, assist in nursing coverage until a replacement can be found.
- Act as back-up for the Admission Nurse in the event multiple clients arrive at once.
- Assist in preparing transportation documentation for clients requiring HLOC.
- Provide medical group coverage weekly as assigned (Mondays & Thursdays).
- Perform weekly inventory of OTC medications and medical supplies, communicating with supervisor any urgent needs.
- Prior to leaving for the evening, ensure exam rooms and clinic space is disinfected, neat, stocked, and organized in preparation for the following day.
- Assist Nurses and CAs in therapeutic milieu management, crisis intervention, and AMA blocks.
- Remain current with required training necessary to maintain LPN licensure and certifications and to maintain compliance with facility licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the medical leadership team.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse required and 2 years experience as an RN
- Knowledge of psychiatric disorders and alcohol and substance use disorders preferred
- Valid unrestricted Tennessee Nursing license
- Experience with leading educational groups preferred.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in typing and word processing programs
- Entry level knowledge of psychotropic and medical medications; indications, interactions, and management
- Ability to triage medical and psychiatric concerns
- Valid Driver’s license
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope – We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness – God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community – We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect – We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement – We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
401K, healthcare, life ins, shift differential, pto
How to Apply
Go to our website, www.thenextdoor.org.
- Date Posted: June 7, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)