Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Neighborhood Health is an innovative network of 12 community health centers in Nashville and Lebanon, Tennessee. We provide comprehensive primary care, integrated behavioral health, and dental services to almost 30,000 patients. Our patients primarily include immigrants, residents of public housing, individuals experiencing homelessness, and persons living with addiction. As a federally qualified health center, we provide care without regard to health insurance or a patient’s ability to pay. We also strive to improve our Patient Centered Medical Home model to ensure all of our patients get the right high-quality care, at the right place, and at the right time.
Neighborhood Health is currently seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. Reporting to the Chief Clinical Officer, this individual will have primary responsibility for providing direct behavioral health care services as part of a progressive integrated clinical team. A full range of care is to be provided, including: assessment, diagnosis, plan of care and implementation of treatment.
More information located at www.neighborhoodhealthtn.org.
- Maintains accurate, timely and thorough documentation of encounter in the electronic health record
- Competency in working within a diverse setting serving the underserved is required
- Is proactive and flexible in meeting the needs of homeless clients
- Integrates psychiatric assessment with physical health information and/or medical history when administering care
- Develops and implements plan of care
- Performs assessments to ensure continued effectiveness of treatment plan
- Provides medication management in accordance with state guidelines
- Maintains regular client follow-up including correspondence and/or telehealth calls
- Refers cases to a more appropriate level of care when required while ensuring that continuity of care is provided
- Completes clinical records in accordance with Neighborhood Health policies/procedures, State, Federal, accreditation agencies, and any other rules, standards and regulations requirements
- Contributes to policy development, quality improvement, practice evaluation, and healthcare reform
- Participates in performance improvement activities on an ongoing basis
- Participates in case and interdisciplinary team consultations as requested
- Participates in organization’s daily huddles and monthly staff meetings
- Effectively collaborates with the clinical management team and other leadership to identify objectives and strategies for performance improvement in care coordination, communications, and management of chronic diseases
- Ensures protection of patient protected health information by complying to HIPAA Privacy Rule policies and procedures
- Related work as required
- Must be licensed as a NP in the State of Tennessee and board certified PMHNP
- DEA Certified
- 1-2 years mid-level practitioner experience preferred
- Experience using Electronic Health Record (EHR) system. NEXTGEN experience a plus.
- Must be qualified in Basic Life Support
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Sensitive to the needs of homeless and underserved
- Ability to engage homeless in care in a variety of settings including clinics, shelters, mobile medical clinic, campgrounds, etc.
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise profession judgment
- Appreciation of the value of an interdisciplinary care team
Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b, Vacation and Sick days
How to Apply
Please go to our website to apply under the JOBS tab at Homepage – Neighborhood Health (neighborhoodhealthtn.org)
- Date Posted: January 3, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 weekly/M-F