Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
Mercy Community Healthcare
Summary: This position is responsible for providing mental health care to patients ages five years old and above. Responsibilities include assessment, evaluation and diagnosis of mental health conditions, treatment such as medication management and diagnostic testing, psychotherapy, and health education while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health team to provide comprehensive care in an outpatient setting.
- Responsible to the Psychiatric Clinical Director and Chief Medical Officer for maintaining the quality of medical care provided to patients.
- Perform psychiatric evaluations including past medical and psychiatric history, past/current medications and allergies, past/current suicidal or homicidal ideation and self harm behaviors, past/current substance use, and past/current social history
- Perform physical exam focusing on mental status exam, neurological as indicated
- Collect information from a variety of sources including family members, therapist, medical provider, specialist, schools or agencies, as well as psychiatric rating scales, testing, and past records
- Diagnose psychiatric conditions, identifying acute and chronic conditions
- Order and interpret diagnostic and laboratory tests
- Provide treatment for acute and chronic psychiatric conditions including medication management, psychotherapy, patient education, anticipatory guidance, and referral to therapy, care coordination/community services, primary care providers, specialists as indicated.
- Provide “On Call” responsibilities on a rotating basis including responding to phone calls in a timely manner and documentation of calls.
- Provide culturally competent care integrating faith, beliefs, culture, and ethnicity
- Manage psychiatric emergencies
- Collaborate/consult with supervising psychiatrist as needed in addition to regularly scheduled supervision times
- Collaborate/consult with primary care providers, specialists, therapists, care coordination, and outside agencies as indicated.
- Maintain documentation of mental health services in a timely manner including progress notes, tasks, collaborative discussions, testing and laboratory results, and other required information by the clinic, state, and third party compliance standards.
- Maintain professional boundaries to preserve the integrity of the therapeutic process.
- Maintain professional reporting standards utilizing clinic protocol and procedure
- Maintain a current level of knowledge by participating in continuing medical education (CME) activities, inservices, review of current research literature, and other professional activities on an annual basis. Membership to professional organizations encouraged.
- Participate in agency committees or projects as requested
- Precept or mentor professional students such as a PMHNP student as requested
- Provide educational inservices to patients, agency staff, and/or community
- Perform related duties as required
- Participates in Patient Centered Medical Home Care Team Collaboration. Refer to “Care Team” job description for more details.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: A Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution with Current Board certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) from ANCC is required.
Experience: Minimum of two years clinical experience as a PMHNP preferred. Current licensure in the State of TN as both a Registered Nurse (RN) and an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) and Current DEA certification required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous work experience in a public health or community clinic setting preferred.
Functional Competencies: Written and verbal communication skills, Team building, collaboration, cooperation, interpersonal skills, customer service focus, culturally diverse, managerial courage, ability to build organizational capability, critical thinking and problem solving.
How to Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
- Date Posted: May 7, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)