Austin Peay State University
Austin Peay State University
Reporting to the Director of Donor Operations and Annual Giving, the Prospect Researcher will use best practices and evolving tools in prospect research to create and implement plans that accurately identify new prospect donors, update existing information, and recognize/manage the inclination and capacity to give to the University.
- Research, analyze, compile and organize data to develop plans and strategies for the management and expansion of the pool of prospects and donors through a broad range of pro-active prospect identification projects, wealth profile, ratings, and affinity scoring.
- Provide accurate, comprehensive and timely information on donors and prospects to the Director and Vice President to prioritize portfolios and move prospects through the solicitation pipeline, oversee the process of incorporating wealth screening and prospect modeling data in leadership gifts and annual fund strategies, in support of revenue and donor growth.
- Monitor and report the progress of the prospect pipeline, including new prospects, new donors, renewal of donors, movement of gift levels, time to next major gift, etc., and recommend actions to continually improve these metrics for effective prospect management and use of advancement system.
- Write tailored briefings and comprehensive profiles for prospect visits carried out by the Vice President, President, senior leadership and development officers so that they are prepared for visits and/or solicitations.
- Convene and lead regular portfolio review sessions with all fundraisers and their managers to ensure appropriate composition of, and discovery activity within portfolios.
- Participate in prospect strategy review sessions as helpful to determine best fit for prospect assignment.
- Oversee the prospect moves management system; review moves activity with gift officers and management to ensure timely and consistent prospect engagement.
- Proactively manages alerts, updates, and other data elements for Fundraisers relating to our donor database weekly.
- Attend and or assist with University/Advancement Events
- Provide support and staffing to special fund-raising initiatives and Alumni, Advancement, and Athletic events.
- Produce memorial donor notifications, tax receipts, pledge reminders, year-end statements and Vice President donor communications.
- Respond in a timely manner to all prospect management inquiries, data entry requests and report requests
- Manage all external resources i.e. contracts, vendors and online platforms.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Do you have knowledge and/or experience in prospect research, development, donor relations, fundraising, higher education, nonprofit, private business and/or related research with the ability to analyze information and data to formulate strategies? If yes, please ensure that this knowledge and/or experience is clearly indicated on your application.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in prospect research, development, fundraising and/or related research.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated organizational and research abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently operate Microsoft software and other University-required systems.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University community and the public.
- A background check will be required of the successful applicant.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Educational Assistance
How to Apply
Submit your resume, cover letter and complete the application on the Austin Peay State University employment opportunities website at https://apsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/13414.
An official transcript will be required of the selected candidate before the candidate will be offered a position. Review will begin on September 27, 2021.
- Date Posted: September 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Education
- Salary Range: Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.