TN Language Center
Project Manager, Interpretation and Translation Services
TN Language Center
Project Manager, Interpretation and Translation Services – TN Language Center (Nashville, TN)
Regular, Full-time, Market Range 08 (Two Positions) – Starting salary between $38,506.67 to $53,909.31
This employee serves as the point of contact for projects in the Interpretation and Translation Services (ITS) program of the Tennessee Language Center (TLC). This position is in charge of completing all steps in the process of managing interpretation or translation services offered to external clients. The employee’s supplemental language skills may be further developed to reach competent levels as an ad-hoc interpreter or translator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with clients about specifications for each project, such as time-lines and deadlines, target audience, desired delivery method, and supporting documentation.
- Recruit and assign translators and/or interpreters for each project or event, using established criteria.
- Use online and customized databases to track, monitor and ensure quality in work products, fulfillment of deadlines, and adherence to contracts.
- Assist in the organization of, and participate in, orientation events for interpreters or presentations to clients.
- Complete quality control of documentation, paperwork and online forms, and have them ready for processing by the financial department.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in areas of business and/or with emphasis/focus on linguistics, applied research, and/or second language acquisition.
- Coordination of projects as member of multiple teams in deadline-driven environments.
- Proven competence in MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint and equivalent applications in Google Drive.
- Results-oriented with communication and organizational skills for top performance when in contact with contractors and clients.
- Sensitivity to, and knowledge of, inter-lingual/multicultural issues.
- Full command of English for full performance (written and verbal) as Project Manager and when in contact with clients or contractors that have English as a second language.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and problem-solve simultaneous and consecutive projects.
- Required skills: MS-Office suite and apps in Microsoft and Google environments. Preferred: previous work with scheduling systems, Access databases, PowerBI, Tableau, Zoho, Asana, or related software is a plus; bilingual language skills, written and spoken preferred.
- Attention to quality and detail in a project-based environment.
- Communication and people skills: charisma, diplomacy, patience, empathy.
- Highly confident and competent in the management of time and multiple priorities.
- Availability to work occasional weekends or evenings as assigned.
- Some travel within the state may apply.
The position will be based in Nashville
The TN Language Center, through the University of Tennessee, offers an extensive benefits package that includes comprehensive health insurance, retirement, paid time off, tuition waivers and discounts, in addition to dozens more services to support health and happiness. Additionally, working with the TN Language Center is just AWESOME — some of the best people on the planet! Come join our team.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to review all position requirements prior to applying. Salary is based on a combination of professional experience and qualifications.
For best consideration, applications should be submitted by July 12, 2021. All applicants must apply online and include a resume with a minimum of three references. Position is open until filled.
- Date Posted: June 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Salary Range: $38,506.67 to $53,909.31
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; some evening and weekends may be required