AgeWell Middle Tennessee
Project Manager (Eldercare Coach social enterprise)
AgeWell Middle Tennessee
Are you a caregiver of an older adult who has experienced increased stress during COVID? Are you a self-starter who loves taking on new projects? We’re hiring a NEW part-time (20 hour/week) position at AgeWell Middle Tennessee to launch a social enterprise focused on caregiving, Eldercare Coach. Eldercare Coach is an educational support program that utilizes online tools and resources, virtual and on-site education, personalized ‘care coach’ phone consultations, and more to address today’s caregiving challenges in the workforce.
Caregivers in the United States have grown by over 10 million in the last 5 years, and the population is soaring! There are now over 53 million caregivers of older adults, 60% of whom are working while also providing care. The average caregiver spends 24 hours per week on care-related activities, such as helping aging loved ones with groceries, meals, doctors’ appointments, and more. AgeWell is committed to supporting working caregivers in Middle TN by partnering with businesses to create age-friendly workplaces.
AgeWell Middle Tennessee (formerly, Council on Aging of Middle Tennessee) has served older adults and family caregivers in our region for more than 35 years. Our mission is to champion informed and positive aging and serve as the area’s catalyst for collaborative solutions to unmet needs. One of our strategic priorities is to improve information and support for family caregivers of older adults since the majority of eldercare is provided by working caregivers. Learn more about us at https://agewelltn.org/
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take a lead role in developing Eldercare Coach; oversee project plans and activities, in coordination with AgeWell staff, Eldercare Coach contractors and student intern(s)
- Refine project services including: online assessment surveys, employer best practice guide, online portal, Lunch & Learn modules and phone consultations
- Develop and implement a work plan and timeline to refine services during the final stages of beta testing and in preparation for launch of Eldercare Coach
- Work with project team to create pricing model and employer subscription/sponsor agreement
- Enhance educational curriculum for the virtual and/or on-site Lunch & Learn modules and presentations to Human Resource professionals; assist Community Engagement Director in researching and compiling educational content and creating new presentation slides
- Research prospect businesses, government agencies and/or faith communities to identify “right fit” employers in Middle TN; conduct outreach in coordination with Community Engagement Director and Donor and Sponsor Manager to cultivate new Eldercare Coach program partners / subscribers
- Recommend and develop strategies for building corporate and public interest in Eldercare Coach; assist AgeWell’s Marketing Committee in the development of marketing materials and social media strategies
- For new employer partners: serve as primary contact for HR directors/managers at partner sites; coordinate onboarding, scheduling, service delivery and evaluations for program participants (employer subscribers and caregiving clients); process employer assessment surveys and prepare summary reports for employers
- Manage quality assurance monitoring and improvement
- Work with Development and Operations Director on program evaluation activities including data collection and monthly grant reporting
The ideal candidate for the Eldercare Project Manager position will have the following qualifications:
Desired Qualifications – education, experience & aptitude:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years experience in program/project management in nonprofits, government and/or business settings
- Social enterprise experience (preferred): demonstrated success in bringing a new program/project or service to fruition
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Strong organization, project planning & implementation skills
- Passion for helping older adults and family caregivers
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Positive energy and persistence
- Diversity/cultural competency skills and experience working with vulnerable populations
- Business development background in Chamber of Commerce, Human Resource Management, corporate and/or small business (preferred)
- Ability to identify prospective partners/employers and develop new partnerships
- Computer and database skills – i.e., Microsoft Windows applications, Salesforce, Survey Monkey, and other online applications
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
AgeWell Middle TN has a long history of working with and serving a diverse older adult population. In the wake of the pandemic and national movement for racial equity, we have made a commitment to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice by intentionally growing our board and staff to more fully represent the diversity of our community. We believe that by doing so, we can better serve the needs of elders and families throughout the Middle TN region. We strongly value a diverse workplace and therefore encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, AgeWell Middle TN is also committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of age, race, color, creed, ancestry, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual preference, and any other status that would violate federal, state or local laws, regulation or ordinance.
Paid time off for part-time employees at AgeWell is NOT prorated! Full and part-time employees receive the same amount of PTO: 12 vacation days, 12 sick days, 10 holidays and one personal day per year. Vacation and sick leave is equivalent to the number of hours worked – this means that 1 day of paid vacation or sick leave for the Eldercare Project Manager amounts to 4 hrs per day (as a typical work day for a 20-hr/wk position is 4 hrs per day). Health and retirement benefits are not available.
How to Apply
This is a part-time position that reports to the Director of Community Engagement.
The work schedule is flexible; it will begin as a remote work position and eventually shift to a hybrid position involving a combination of remote hours and office/on-site hours. The work schedule will be determined by the Project Manager and supervisor.
Send resume and cover letter detailing your candidacy to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
AgeWell Middle TN
95 White Bridge Road, Suite 250
Nashville, TN 37205
No phone calls, please
- Date Posted: May 13, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 06/07/2021
- Salary Range: 23-26/hr
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/wk; flexible daily schedule