Parthenon Management Group
Parthenon Management Group
The Project Manger supports PMG’s goals, values and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment and accountability. As a member of the PMG team, performance includes demonstration of the following accountabilities: communication, teamwork and job knowledge.
The position performs high level administrative and management duties necessary to provide association management services to professional societies managed by Parthenon Management Group. The Project Manager is the primary management leader of professional societies managed by Parthenon Management Group. The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the administration, annual meeting, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, community outreach, problem-solving and strategizing to ensure the organization’s long and short-term goals come to fruition.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, include the following but are not limited to:
Governance: Works with the Board of Directors and Committees in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading the society in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors in collaboration with Parthenon Management Group.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board of Directors and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- This includes scribing discussion overview and the preparation of official minutes of each meeting for approval by the Society’s Secretary, officers or committee chair.
- Prepares a summary action items following each meeting.
- Follows up with the President and/or other officers and board members responsible for accomplishing the action items and provides administrative or other assistance in accomplishing those tasks.
- Monitors progress and holds members accountable for results.
- Maintain a tracking and reporting system for the Society that:
- Documents the societies’ plan of work for each year.
- Outlines the actions necessary to accomplish that plan.
- Tracks and records the accomplishment of each step in the work plan.
- Provides timely reports of the activities of the society, its committees, and staff to the Board.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the society, to include submission to the board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management. Must operate within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for assisting with fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the mission of the society.
- Reconcile the cash flow of the society monthly and stay abreast on the financial trends and needs of the organization.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the society can successfully fulfill its mission.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the societies image by working closely with other professional, and like organizations when possible.
Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of daily operations.
- Responsible for reviewing and obtaining appropriate signatures on all contracts and/or agreements, on behalf of the organization.
- Oversees the maintenance of the organization’s website.
- Coordinates the work of other staff involved in serving the organization such as the accounting coordinator, meetings content manager, website and IT systems, administrator, and meeting manager.
Oversee the organization of Annual Meeting and other meetings of the organization.
- Work with the Meetings Department to ensure timely completion of all logistics.
- Collaborate with the organization’s Program Committee and PMG Meeting Content Department to develop the scientific program.
- Ensure the vision and policies of the society are enforced throughout the planning process.
- Review the Annual Meeting and other meeting budget developed by the PMG Meetings Department, obtain approval of budget from the board, coordinate with assigned Meeting Manager to ensure budgetary restrictions are adhered to.
- Assist with other meetings related activities as outlined in the annual task list.
Additional duties as required:
- Support CEO and Senior Project Leaders with special projects.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of new staff.
- Oversee operational aspects of Parthenon Management Group such as organizing staff meetings, cultivating a positive workplace culture, utilizing employee strengths through the coordination of blog writing and other relevant opportunities.
- Lead and/or participate in strategic plan focus groups.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Provides assistance and training to Project Coordinators and other new Project Managers.
- Supervises assigned Project Coordinators.
Work Environment: Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. On occasion, the individual must be able to do moderately demanding physical activity such as handling and opening boxes weighing 35-40 pounds, standing and walking extensively throughout the day. Limited to moderate travel is required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four–year university or equivalent experience.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of the organization’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, train, and collaborate with staff.
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Travel required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel strongly preferred.
Health insurance, HSA, life insurance, vision and dental available, 401k available, profit sharing, and more.
How to Apply
Please send a resume with cover letter to Chelsea McClain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: November 3, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)