The F.I.N.D. DESIGN
The F.I.N.D. DESIGN
PROGRAM: F.L.Y GIRL PROGRAM
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The F.I.N.D. (Families in Need of Direction) Design is a 501(c)(3), community-based organization, serving Mid-TN middle and high schools’ girls of color by using strength and gender-based, culturally relevant framework to promote cultural history and traditions. This framework embraces girls through powers, gifts, and talents to stimulate the characters of girls of color who desire to become high achievers in their schools and communities. Programs, through partnerships through the school system and juvenile court, are extremely diverse, extending from prevention to intervention, school-based, after-school, and summer “experiences”. The goal of The F.I.N.D. Design programs are to identify girls that are “lost in the shuffle”, are not being heard, and as a result, fall victims of generational trauma and systematic oppression. Our services provide a platform where they can be heard, offered support, and be given tools to build on these strengths. As a result, these strengths they possess, can be used to enhance their lives not only culturally, physically, emotionally, but also mentally, and spiritually.
This is the perfect job for anyone interested in part-time employment. We offer a very pleasant and family oriented work environment and somewhat flexible hours. Currently, this role will end in June with the potential to continue if funding continues. The goal is to fulfill this position quickly (9/15/2020 or prior).
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Provide the office and administrative staff with support (e.g. e-filing, emailing and data entry)
- Maintain youth files and add new information as it becomes available
- Maintain our inventory of office and caregiving supplies
- Scheduling meetings and taking notes
- Answering client questions
- Support the Executive Director with administrative needs.
- Exceedingly dependable and on time
- Exhibit a high level of accuracy in all assigned tasks
- Web page maintenance
- Have good typing and computer skills specifically with the following software/apps:
- Microsoft Office Suites (Word – Excel – Outlook-PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat DC – InDesign – Photoshop)
- Google Suites – (Google Forms – Google Sheets – Google Docs)
- Social Media Platforms (Instagram – Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest)
- Web page editing; good familiarity with Mail Merge applications;
- Good office phone and verbal communication
- Proofreading skills
- Participate in other organization events (fundraising, special events)
- Submit accurate, timely, written reports.
- Aid in or handle special assignments as directed.
- Assist with social media and other marketing initiatives.
- Complete basic administrative work.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- One-to-two years of general work experience or equivalent number of hours worked in part-time or volunteer work.
- Must demonstrate awareness and acceptance of cultural differences of clients, staff and community contacts.
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: (Preferred)
How to Apply
Send resume and qualifications to email@example.com
- Date Posted: September 8, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/14/2020
- Salary Range: 15,000
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/wk w/ Flexibility