Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Program Support Coordinator
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
What you’ll do:
Summary: Program Support Coordinator manages food order entry and distribution for specific programs within the Community Impact department as well as providing superior customer service to internal and external customers. This position supports and fosters our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion, which is the foundation for creating a culture of belonging for all personnel.
- Provides customer support to program sites – including order discrepancies, delivery questions, AgencyLink assistance, and filing.
- Places orders for program sites according to schedule, budget, and poundage requirements – including Emergency Food Box, BackPack, School Pantry, Hospital Pantry, Mobile Pantry, Senior Nutrition, Mobile Market, Home Delivery, and Kid’s Cafe.
- Distributes perishable product through appropriate avenues as dictated by inventory and poundage needs – including Mobile Pantry, Combo Routes, Mobile Market, Partner Agency pick-up, and Emergency Food Box.
- Assists with program site monitors – including Emergency Food Box, BackPack, School Pantry, Senior Nutrition, and Kid’s Cafe.
- Processes food assistance requests (phone, website, or walk-in) by directing clients appropriately or securing food internally.
- Covers front desk phone and duties during breaks on designated day.
- Collaborates with internal departments to achieve food distribution goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this you?
Education: Associate Degree or 2 years related work experience required.
Experience: 2+ years of experience working in a social services program and/or training.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Interact with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, program partners, program participants and the public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel to manage scheduling, communications, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge to accurately perform basic math.
- Work independently and identify potentially more effective methods of work operation.
Competencies: Attention to detail, Result orientation and execution, Quality improvement, Customer service
Other requirements: Our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background, and Motor Vehicle Record. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
What Second Harvest has to offer:
- Work with a purpose: As one of middle Tennessee’s largest nonprofits, our local hunger relief work is uniquely rewarding, hands on and solutions oriented. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results. A career with Second Harvest ensures that you not only earn a paycheck, but also help your local community through meaningful work. If you are passionate about serving your neighbors in need and are committed to our mission of ending hunger, we invite you to join our 120+ person team in the fight against hunger, as we work to achieve our vision of a hunger free community.
- Award winning workplace: we are a best-in-class workplace because we are passionate and people focused – we listen, respect, care and challenge each other, so that our neighbors can count on us. Our employees have identified us among The Tennessean’s Top Workplaces eight times based solely on employee surveys and feedback. We are invested in our team and offer frequent whole-person wellness opportunities through our Harvest Wellbeing Program. We focus on staff physical and mental health, financial empowerment, personal and professional development as well as social and community engagement. There is ample opportunity to be engaged, have work-life-balance and grow with Second Harvest.
- Compensation & Benefits: Second Harvest is proud to offer rich and affordable total compensation packages. Full-time employment includes 34+ days off, medical (employee-only is 100% employer paid), dental, vision, 403b retirement (up to 3% match, 5% base, length of service vesting), disability insurance (short and long term) and long-term care insurance.
- DEIB & Equal Employment Opportunity: we celebrate and value diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are intentionally working to diversify our team so that our employees reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply! Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented and diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. We provide equal employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics.
How to Apply
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now!
You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
- Online: employment application on our website: org/job-opportunities. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
- In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website: org/contact.
- Date Posted: May 2, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: o Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.