Program Services Coordinator
Project Return helps people who are coming back from prison. Our mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and community after incarceration. For over three decades, Project Return has been doing the work of prisoner reentry in Nashville: facilitating job search, job placement, and job retention, as well as providing wraparound intensive case management and a broad array of assistance and support, for people who come to Project Return with the determination to make a new beginning after incarceration. They face nearly insurmountable barriers. Our days are filled with triumph and hard work!
The person in this position imparts job search coaching and case management for people returning to the community from incarceration, with a focus primarily on employment acquisition and success, and additionally fostering engagement in skills-building, while providing wraparound support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate screenings and applications, at both pre-release and post-release, of people who are potentially eligible for Project Return services; conduct welcome sessions and provide introductory information to new participants regarding our array of services; facilitate enrollment in Project Return
- Counsel and coach participants on job search, job acquisition, and job retention; provide intensive and encouraging case management services, including the discernment of skills and interests, the interactive creation of résumés, the provision of job leads and job referrals with particular attention to fit, the coaching toward employment opportunities, and the development and monitoring of individualized goals, with a particular focus on career development, including training/education and employment acquisition and retention; actively foster positive and productive relationships with clients
- For ongoing job development purposes, contribute to agency compilations and dissemination of job leads and position openings; maintain interactive communication with business development colleagues, in order to receive updates on employment prospects and to share information on new job acquisitions and employers
- Maintain thorough documentation of participant status and Project Return services, by immediate and ongoing entering of information and data in online and hard copy client files
- Make referrals for supportive services to community partners and document follow-through and completion; communicate regularly with partner agencies; utilize and nurture existing support services networks and contribute to the development of new partnerships with service providers
- Collaborate closely and collegially with Project Return co-workers, supporting their efforts, mutually sharing information, and contributing helpful input for the betterment of the agency and services to participants
- Participate in staff meetings, and other collective endeavors of the agency
- Work in partnership with Project Return’s social enterprise efforts
- Facilitate life skills and job readiness classes, both at Project Return and within correctional facilities as assigned; assist with transporting participants to and from work sites in company vans, as needed; participate in provision of tangible forms of assistance such as bus passes, work gear, and food
- Participate in outreach, in-reach, and recruitment activities for Project Return
- Provide input and assistance as needed in reporting efforts for the agency
- Adhere to the values of Project Return and contribute positively to a workplace that functions as a model to the people we serve
- Other duties as needed or as determined by the work of the agency
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience, skills, and interests preferred: Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work with diverse people and to build relationships; dedication to achieving goals & to being results-oriented; ability to work effectively under pressure; proactive work ethic and strengths-based approach; ability to identify and/or anticipate a problem &when appropriate, identify solutions and implement a course of action; strong attention to detail and quality; ability to continue a course of action in the face of adversity; ability to bring stamina and vigor to all aspects of the work; willingness to perform regular local and sometimes regional travel.
Competitive salary and benefits.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, addressed to Bettie Kirkland, and indicate “Program Services Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please!
- Date Posted: February 6, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services