YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Program Operations Director
YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Executive Director, the Program Operation Director is a leader and driver of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee School Age Services before and after-school programs and summer program initiatives in Davidson County. S/he is an expert in the field with a proven track record of driving quality results in a fast paced a dynamic and multi-faceted organization and must understand the basic concepts, vision and mission of the YMCA to ensure the successful operation of all facets of these programs and the development of new program initiatives including staff leadership and development, financial development, community relations and collaborations, partnerships and policy, budgeting and financial results.
- Supports the YMCA mission and models the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Provides leadership and direction of the vision for the operations of all school age programs in the assigned county/community.
- Ensures each SAS program is in compliance with DHS, YMCA and school policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain strong enrollment in before and after school programming, breaks and Summer Adventure Programs.
- Builds authentic relationships with current school partnerships, county director of schools and school sites to increase participant enrollment on a yearly basis.
- Attends monthly county School Board Meetings and effectively communicates the benefits of the Y’s before and after school program.
- Work in conjunction with the People Services Team to ensure quality recruitment, hiring and training of staff in the assigned county/community. Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible and meet YMCA and DHS training requirements
- Builds a supportive relationship with site leadership team, evaluates strengths and weaknesses and creates a staff training and development plan that complements their current role and their future roles
- Responsible for fostering an environment where staff motivation, recognition, and teamwork thrive; assists with the development of a staff celebration and recognition plan to increase staff morale and reduce staff turnover.
- Responsible for setting up operational systems that are accurate and effective.
- Effectively creates and manages the SAS county/community budget. Ensures site level budgets are communicated and adhered to.
- Ensures site staffing schedules are in compliance, and the program and schedule are based on actual attendance numbers and needs of the program.
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
- Superior supervisory skills, communication and conflict resolution skills, and the ability to inspire and motivate staff, volunteers, members and participants to develop an effective team and create a culture of service
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Knowledge and expertise in Child and Youth Development, programming and DHS
- Knowledge of CACFP Program Requirements
- Must present a professional image and possess and demonstrate sound judgment, independent thinking, and initiative
- Must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline oriented workplace
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software programs, as well as the ability to use most office equipment
- Ability to travel to multiple locations and ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in education, social work or related field preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in managing programs (designing, implementing, and evaluating youth development programs) to include at least two years directly supervising staff.
- Multilingual preferred
- Benefits package including generous paid time off
- Participation in Y Retirement plan and 403 (b) savings account upon eligibility
- Free membership at all 14 wellness center locations
- Discounts on youth programs, summer camps and sports instruction
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply
- Date Posted: October 19, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $59,940 - $74,925, depending on experience