Catholic Charities of TN
Program Manager, South Nashville FRC
Catholic Charities of TN
The Program Manager at South Nashville Family Resource Center (FRC) manages a holistic community-embedded program of support for individuals and families, defines standards for such programs, identifies and forms working relationships with essential partners, and implements a cohesive program of services for clients, which span the spectrum of basic needs to self-sustainability. The program manager also maintains ongoing and active networking with internal and external constituencies to ensure the highest performance of Catholic Charities programs. This role has an agency-wide training responsibility to help programs develop protocols and referrals to assist non-English speaking clients.
- Recommends policies and procedures pertaining to the delivery of services and training within the community-embedded family support programs at the South Nashville FRC, working closely with the Deputy Executive Director of programs.
- Recommends staffing requirements and ensures that qualified personnel are hired, and a balanced workload is maintained.
- Trains and provides consultation to programming across Catholic Charities to help improve processes and service coordination for Spanish-speaking clients and families.
- Hires, trains, and conducts performance appraisals of staff under direct supervision according to agency guidelines and established personnel policies.
- Supervises, coordinates, and monitors the activities of program staff, ensuring that all department requirements are met in accordance with appropriate program guidelines, agency policies, and procedures.
- In collaboration with the Deputy Executive Director, Programs, develops and regularly reviews the operating budget of the department, and assists in the preparation of the following year’s budget.
- Prepares written reports as required by all service contracts and ensures that such contracts are executed in accordance with the policies and procedures mandated by the funding source(s).
- Authorizes check requests, manages revenue and expenses to ensure program viability, and ensures expenditures are appropriate for each grant program.
- Reviews and approves invoices submitted to funding sources.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship between the agency and other nonprofit, public sector service providers, and educational agencies who are co-located with the South Nashville FRC, and monitors activities of the co-located partners to ensure they meet the needs of Catholic Charities’ clients, informed by the moral and social justice values of the Catholic Church.
- Analyzes changing community needs and integrates that knowledge into program development.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and recommend changes.
- Ensures that all departmental records, reports, and documentation are maintained.
- Analyzes and reports on program activities on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Works collaboratively with peers in the County Expansion Program to ensure efficacious support services are cohesive across the agency and all its FRC locations.
- Maintain accurate client/program records regarding services provided according to Agency guidelines, using the database(s) provided by the agency and within the Agency’s time frame.
- Actively participate in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Master’s Degree in social work or counseling discipline and the ability to supervise other social workers/counselors preferred; OR bachelor’s degree in public program administration or non-profit management with a minimum of 5 years experience in the field of social services or mental health.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary staff including social work, health care providers, mental health, community volunteers, and student interns.
- Experience working with government funding with the ability to comply with all contract requirements.
- Experience preparing reports, developing grant proposals, and working within established budgets.
- Knowledge/experience with benefit programs/social service programs for residents of Nashville.
Additional Skills or Requirements
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to convey non-judgmental and open personal qualities with a clear sense of boundaries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds and stock shelves.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and clients.
- Ability to prepare reports, develop grant proposals, and work within established budgets.
- Flexibility with work schedule and responding to team and client needs.
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve program goals and objectives,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn databases and other systems including Salesforce and Charity Tracker.
- A current driver’s license is required. Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Ten (10) vacation days
- Twelve (12) personal days
- Eighteen (18) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Pension plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/2039050/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Program-Manager-South-Nashville-FRC
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: October 27, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.