Greater Nashville Regional Council
Program Manager for Home & Community Based Aging & Disability Services
Greater Nashville Regional Council
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking an experienced professional to manage its Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Program within its Department of Aging and Disability Services. The Department’s responsibilities include 1) planning and coordination of state/federal investments into programs and services aimed at improving quality of life for senior adults, 2) coordinating services among a network of senior centers and providers, 3) providing counseling/assessments to help Middle Tennesseans enroll in programs and services, and 4) monitoring the performance of grant-funded programs to ensure compliance with the state and federal requirements.
The HCBS team provides case management and coordinates a range of social services to eligible seniors and adults with a disability. These programs are intended to empower seniors, disabled adults and other targeted populations to remain independent in their home and/or community for as long as possible. The programs focus on connecting clients with transportation, meal preparation, housework, personal care,
and other supportive services.
GNRC is the regional council of governments for Nashville and surrounding counties and serves as one of nine regional economic development districts established by the Tennessee General Assembly in 1965. GNRC also serves as the region’s state/federally-designated Area Agency on Aging & Disability (AAAD), working in close partnership with the TN Commission on Aging and Disability (TCAD) and TennCare. More information is available at GNRC.org and TN.gov/Aging.
The HCBS Program Manager provides oversight of the HCBS case management team, coordinates with a network of service providers, and performs periodic counseling. At a minimum, the duties of the Program Manager include:
- Manage and train program staff to ensure effective case management and continued professional development;
- Develop procedures and program management tools to track performance and ensure compliance with state and federal expectations for program quality and effectiveness, including those related to the federal Older American Act;
- Coordinate with a network of service providers to ensure the ongoing availability of quality care;
- Maintain a list of potential clients awaiting enrollment in eligible programs;
- Assist in the development of strategies to reduce wait time on program waitlists;
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program data to GNRC management and oversight agencies;
- Collaborate with GNRC leadership and other Aging and Disability programs to ensure coordination across the organization;
- Carryout other duties or special projects as assigned by the Director of Aging and Disability Services.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker with strong communication skills, a solid understanding of industry practices, a demonstrated ability to work with external partners, and a track record of delivering results for clients. A Master’s degree in Social Work, or related field is preferred and at least 3 years of managerial experience. A Bachelor’s degree and five years of professional experience, three of which must include supervisory duties.
Travel Expectations: This position may require travel throughout GNRC’s thirteen county region. A valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation is required.
Full Benefits Package
How to Apply
For more information and to apply please go to: www.gnrc.org/jobs
GNRC is an EOE, AA Employer
- Date Posted: March 1, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government
- Working Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm