St. Luke's Community House
Program Manager, Community Outreach and Volunteer Engagement
St. Luke's Community House
St. Luke’s Community House in West Nashville is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Program Manager to join our dedicated staff. This is a unique opportunity to impact the number of clients we serve by ensuring that every referral source in Nashville knows about, and knows how to access, St. Luke’s programs and services. This position will also be responsible for recruiting and managing our volunteers who help us carry out our mission-based services.
The Community Outreach and Volunteer Engagement Manager is a full-time position that ensures St. Luke’s services are known about throughout the Nashville community and is responsible for creating a consistent pipeline of referrals to all programs. This position is also responsible for recruiting volunteers for St. Luke’s programs and providing meaningful volunteer opportunities to the St. Luke’s community.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains frequent and close working relationships with other program managers, and St. Luke’s team members.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains frequent and close working relationships with existing and potential referral sources and those that provide our organization with a pipeline of volunteers.
- Plan and implement outreach strategies and action plans that result in referrals to St. Luke’s programs.
- Conduct outreach to and builds relationships with community organizations, including churches, workplaces, community centers, housing associations, nonprofits and other community organizations/groups, in conjunction with the development team.
- Conduct and support a range of outreach efforts to referral sources and potential clients that result in increased awareness of and participation in St. Luke’s programs, as well as the Family Collective programs.
- Research and identify outreach opportunities, including community meetings, community events, information distribution channels, etc.
- Attend and engage in community meetings, events and activities to increase visibility for St. Luke’s Community House that generates program referrals.
- Provide support to St. Luke’s program staff and committees in implementing their outreach efforts and strategies.
- Assist the Chief Programs Officer in regularly communicating and interfacing with community partners and tracking partnership deliverables.
- Responsible for planning and executing annual client and volunteer engagement activities including, but not limited to, Christmas Programs, Halloween Event, etc.
- Increase effectiveness of the Family Resource Center (FRC) by being familiar with best practices and by researching and making available up to date resources for our clients to access.
- Greets, encourages, and assists clients as they seek assistance from St. Luke’s and/or our partner agencies.
- Upholds the confidentiality and professionalism expected of all staff and lives the values of the agency: Community, Dignity, Respect, Integrity, Sustainability.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Identify and create volunteer jobs, which are meaningful and viable experiences for groups both adult and youth, by partnering with key staff.
- Coordinate all volunteer needs, including communicating volunteer needs for effective programming; coordinates with development for corporate engagements and/or other opportunities with future funding potential.
- Conducts or coordinates staff training as it relates to interactions with volunteers.
- Creates written job descriptions for all volunteer jobs.
- Interviews and recommends placements for all prospective volunteers.
- Communicates through visual, written and verbal means an overview of volunteer opportunities that exist at St. Luke’s.
- Represents St. Luke’s in a consistent, persuasive and professional manner.
- Collects information on all volunteers to be entered into the volunteer database, tracking personal information and volunteer experiences.
- Consults periodically with the staff to determine additional volunteer needs and to gather feedback on current volunteer involvement.
- Reviews volunteer materials periodically and makes updates as necessary.
- Keeps informed about current laws and trends that apply to volunteer involvement.
- Designs ongoing volunteer recognition opportunities and occasions with staff.
- Orients all volunteers, which introduces them to the agency, the staff and the programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong ability to effectively interface with the public, including culturally diverse communities.
- Experience working with disenfranchised populations and/or in low-income communities.
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills and the ability to speak effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to manage time efficiently.
- Self-motivated with high degree of initiative.
- Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Engaging, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Adaptability to changing demands, deadlines and priorities.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to communicate with peers/general public, clients and/or vendors
- Job performance will require the ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to talk or hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell.
- Ability to move 25 pounds
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years. In addition, the candidate must be able to pass a drug test and have a clear background check.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and database administration
- Demonstrates a high level of follow through
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of groups
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
Competitive Salary, paid time off, holidays, health, dental and 401k match offered.
How to Apply
To join our team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary expectations.
No phone calls please.
St. Luke’s Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: August 26, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 09/07/2020