Youth Empowerment through Arts and Humanities (YEAH!)
Youth Empowerment through Arts and Humanities (YEAH!) is a Middle Tennessee non-profit with a commitment to empowering youth voices and creating community through music education. YEAH! achieves this mission by creating courageous and safe spaces through socially conscious year-round music education programming for ages 6-17. For more details, please visit www.yeahrocks.org.
YEAH! has provided innovative music and arts programs for 20 years and in re-emerging from a two-year pause due to the pandemic, is seeking a dynamic, full-time, Program Manager to lead its youth-focused music education initiatives. This full-time, flexible position involves managing in-person and virtual programs, promoting and managing youth, teaching artists, and volunteer enrollment; curriculum design and instruction; community engagement opportunities; and in conjunction with the Executive Director, fundraising and sponsorship efforts.
YEAH! values collaboration over competition and leads participants to explore themselves, and the world around them and be inspired to develop their communities in and outside of YEAH! We prioritize expanded diversity among its students, teachers, volunteers, staff, and it’s board.
YEAH! reaches out to underrepresented populations, such as our non-English speaking, LGBTQ+, neurodiverse, and Title 1 public school communities in Middle Tennessee. We encourage
applications from individuals who are reflective of the communities we serve and seek to further empower.
Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Serve as YEAH!’s spokesperson, leading community outreach and strategic alliances
- Develop and oversee the implementation of music education curriculums
- Ensure implementation of life skills, arts & activism, anti-racism, pro-inclusivity, and other social justice topics in curriculum design and instruction
- Recruitment and communication with prospective participants and families
- Communication and promotion
- Manage registration, scholarship applications, and fee payments
- Manage program budget, income, and expenses
- Provide recommendations and action plan(s) for budget overages or shortfalls
- Establish and oversee facility and partnership opportunities
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise instructors, volunteers, performers, and Jr. Counselors
- Lead program sessions, discussions, and showcase performances
- Gear storage, inventory, and maintenance
- Gear transport, setup, breakdown, load-in and load-out
- Assist with setup, production, and breakdown for showcase performances
- Report on goals progress weekly
- Manage databases, budgets, and instructor documents
- Lead, strategic plans and evaluation processes
- Assist in developing short-term and long-term fundraising efforts and sponsorship partnerships
Ideal Qualifications or Experience in:
- Playing an instrument(s), band management, and performing
- In-person and virtual youth music education for ages 6-17
- Music appreciation, history, and cultural influences
- Team training and project management for youth and adults
- Leading discussions on inequity, anti-oppression, self-esteem, social justice, and youth topics to facilitate communication and build community
- Proficient in Google Suite, virtual platforms, and social media
This full-time position offers an annual compensation of $40,000, contingent on experience and meeting quantifiable metrics.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a 1) resume, 2) cover letter, and 3) three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should address specific position requirements. A standard background check is required for the selected candidate.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join us in shaping the youth arts programming landscape and impacting countless lives in Middle Tennessee! For more details on our organization, visit www.yeahrocks.org.
- Date Posted: October 16, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 01/15/2024
- Salary Range: $40,000
- Working Hours: Varies