Program Manager Job Description
Program Management and Strategic Planning
- Co-lead the collaborative processes of Exile’s programs walking alongside African leaders in Congo and Uganda, implementing the short and long-term strategic vision and tactical plans to accomplish Exile’s mission — empowering children of war to become leaders for peace
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with relevant domestic and international organizations and stakeholders, providing strategic support and leadership
- Provide leadership, and administrative oversight, review reports, and offer accountability to ensure programs effectively achieve their intended impact.
- Regularly coordinate and communicate with DRC and Uganda leadership teams and country liaisons — overseeing progress and tracking/reporting measurable strategic objectives. Including but not limited to;
- Plan and co-lead monthly zoom calls with African leadership teams
- Reviewing weekly and monthly reports from African partners
- Monthly calls with Country Liaison(s)
- Weekly meetings with Co-CEO and Managing Director
- Lead any ground emergencies or immediate problems that arise from the US side
- Leading program logistics from a systems and strategy perspective
- Assure that strategy plans, training, models, and processes are executed with excellence.
- Assist CEO and Sr. Project Accountant in yearly and monthly budget planning/approval and monitor programming budgets as needed
- Collaborate with domestic and international partners in planning and implementing strategic goals to further the success of Exile’s ground mission
- Assist International partners and Exile Finance team in planning, oversight, and follow-up of yearly program audits
- Travel with Exile to Africa 2 – 4 times per year (for 15-17 days per trip) to:
- Provide administrative assessment and ensure programs are achieving their intended impact
- Work with African Leadership teams in creating and implementing strategic goals to further the success of Exile’s mission.
- Provide training as needed
- Any other job-related request of Board and Executive Team
- The Program Manager would also be expected to travel to programs should emergencies arise (this is rare)
Exile International is a nonprofit organization that provides healing and hope to rescued child soldiers and children orphaned by war to become leaders for peace. We work with local leaders to provide art-focused trauma care and holistic, rehabilitative care, seeing over 6700 war-affected children’s lives forever changed since 2008. Today, the organization is poised to expand its work by growing its programs and passionately serving the next generation of African leaders!
Mission: Empowering rescued child soldiers and children orphaned by war to become leaders for peace through art-focused trauma care & holistic rehabilitation.
Method: Healing of spirits, minds, and bodies.
Motivation: Bring good news to the poor, heal the brokenhearted, proclaim freedom to the captives. –– Isaiah 61:1
Child Sponsorship Program
- Oversee monthly child sponsorship updates by communicating with Exile’s African Program Directors and key stakeholders
- Plan and facilitate quarterly child sponsorship meetings with Managing Director & Finance team
- Ensure completion and submission of monthly child sponsorship totals;
- Work alongside Exile’s finance team to determine funds needed as children return to school from breaks
- Acquire fee demand notes, personal/school requirements, non-negotiable requirements, etc. from Exile’s African partners to ensure proper funding is verified, approved, and sent
- Organize and implement all necessary items/volunteers for Spring and Fall Semi-Annual Child Sponsorship Mailings, including, but not limited to completing all first drafts of letters, initiating conversations with African partners to ensure child letters are drafted, and updated photos are sent, etc.
- Co-lead of planning and implementation of all child sponsorship Sundays
Additional Job Requirements
- Provide quarterly program updates for Exile Board of Directors as directed by the Executive Team
- Speak on behalf of Exile at churches, schools, fundraising events, etc., as needed
- Return all emails within 48 hours from the date they are received. If possible, return internal team emails within 24 hours of the date they are received.
- Support the successful execution of, being available for the duration of, and completing all contracted duties during crucial organization events (fundraisers, fundraising campaigns, and awareness campaigns), including but not limited to: The Big Payback (24-hour giving campaign), Hope Wins, Giving Tuesday (24 hours giving campaign), and Exile’s End-of-Year Campaign (November 1st to January 1st of each year)
- Lead other US Operations projects and programs as needed
- Committed to the mission and vision of Exile International
- Self-starter and motivated team player with the confidence to take the lead on projects
- Strategic, creative problem solver that possesses excellent ability to identify potential crises and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues
- Dependable and resourceful
- Humble, teachable, and strong ability to give and receive feedback, bringing a positive attitude
- Adaptable to changing demands/deadlines/priorities
- Extremely detail-oriented, logistical-minded, and very organized, with impeccable follow-through skills
- Assertive, positive personality. A “Go-Getter” who brings joy to those around them
- Strong ability to build and foster relationships
- Mature orthodox Christian faith, as indicated by an agreement with Exile’s Statement of Faith.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands and multiple deadlines
- Adept in Technology
- Professional demeanor with strong written and oral communication
- Experience learning and serving alongside individuals with various cultural backgrounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Familiarity with MAC/iOS software, Apple Calendar, Outlook
- Experience with Slack, Asana, Dropbox, and Google Drive apps preferred
- 3+ years of previous experience in program or operations management role
- History of success managing multiple projects in a professional setting with little supervision of the day-to-day
- Ability to present quality projects for approval/feedback and meet stated deadlines
- Ability to carry out and/or cast vision, communicating clearly and efficiently to team members and relevant stakeholders
The Program Manager role is a full-time position, working Monday through Friday alongside the Exile team out of a Nashville-based office, along with some evenings and weekends (as needed). We offer competitive benefits, including; paid time off, monthly health care stipend (for full-time employees), and an opportunity to participate in a 401k retirement plan (for full-time employees).
How to Apply
Please send an updated resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com
- Date Posted: March 6, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 04/10/2023
- Salary Range: $63,000-$66,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F