Homework Hotline’s mission is to help Tennessee students in grades K-12 learn, complete challenging assignments, and master new concepts through free one-on-one tutoring by phone and online chat. Since 1990, we have provided over 560,000 one-on-one tutoring sessions for FREE to K-12 students in Tennessee. To continue accomplishing the mission, Hotline is seeking a Program Manager (PM) to begin mid-October 2022.
The PM leads the management and quality of Homework Hotline’s programs through the following responsibilities:
Provides supervision, guidance, and support to all tutors and volunteers.
Evaluates the effectiveness of program(s) and provides ongoing feedback by monitoring progress and implementing improvements.
Raises the agency’s profile through external communications.
Supports the Executive Director (ED) to promote and diversify funding through effective resource stewardship and maintain diversified school district funding and private philanthropic support.
The PM also engages the Board of Directors frequently under the direction of the ED.
Leadership, Staff Management and Organizational Strategy Responsibilities:
- Directly train, supervise, and evaluate part-time staff, working closely with them to ensure they can effectively serve students via phone and multiple technology platforms.
- Support staff with any needs, including troubleshooting and taking student calls or chats as needed.
- Provide assistance and guidance on how to troubleshoot program and staff performance challenges.
- Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals by creating staff schedules based on knowledge of budget, subject-level, and grade-level needs.
- Oversee and manage volunteers in both long-term projects and single-day events.
- Maintain a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward mission and vision; clearly communicating this to staff.
- Establish annual program and staff goals and objectives and track results against these goals as well as accountability protocols.
- Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility.
- In coordination with the ED, play a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, service delivery, and management of the organization across school district partners and multiple sites.
- In coordination with the ED, support fund development efforts through the promotion and execution of Homework Hotline’s fundraising events, proposal/grant writing, steward funding relationships, and more.
- Under the Board of Directors and in partnership with the ED, implement Homework Hotline’s strategic plan.
Program Oversight and Evaluation Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage current Homework Hotline programs.
- Assist the ED in implementation of future programs.
- Provide oversight of Homework Hotline’s programs through data collection.
- Work closely with the ED on requests for proposals and funding applications.
- Work closely with the ED to budget and monitor programmatic operations to ensure sound fiscal and system management.
- Ensure the delivery of qualitative and quantitative goals and outcomes of Homework Hotline.
- Coordinate and analyze the appropriate data to inform the programmatic and operational decision-making process and reporting to school district partners.
- Determine staffing plans to achieve program goals and objectives and participate in hiring decisions for new tutoring staff.
- At least two years of experience in a nonprofit, government, or philanthropy environment, overseeing program(s), ideally at an organization impacting educational attainment or success of high-potential youth.
- Passion for Homework Hotline’s mission and purpose and an ability to educate and inspire action in others.
- Willingness and comfort to work 10am–8pm Monday through Thursday with occasional events outside stated hours.
- Working knowledge of program planning, organizational structure, budgeting, administrative operations.
- High comfort level with technology and multitasking.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team in a multi-site structure (including both virtual and in-person staff and volunteers).
- Education/teaching background.
- Additional helpful skills: organization, professional and creative writing, familiarity with social media, and public speaking.
- $200/month through a Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- 3 weeks of PTO accrual per year
- Program follows MNPS school schedule, including paid holidays
- Reduced hours and remote work (with the exception of occasional in-person meetings and back-to-school events) during the summer months
How to Apply
Submit resume, cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com. Application review begins immediately. Tentative start date mid-October 2022.
- Date Posted: September 6, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $37,500-$45,000/year
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-TH; 10am-8pm(hybrid)