Job Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Program Director
Direct Reports: Children’s Program Coordinator
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt
Position Summary: The Program Manager will plan, implement, operate, facilitate, evaluate, and manage the ministry program at a specific site in accordance with the core values, mission, and vision of Begin Anew. This person will supervise a part-time Children’s Program Coordinator.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily with and or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Develop and execute adult education program(s) and children’s program(s) at a specific site, in accordance with organizational plans and goals. Adult programs may include but are not limited to High School Equivalency, English Language Learning, Computer & Job Skills, and weekly Bible Study.
- Work closely with the Program Director to deliver and implement all program services in accordance
with the core values, mission, and vision of Begin Anew.
• Schedule and direct a team of volunteers to lead all programs at the site
• Seek out, develop, and maintain relationships with students, volunteers, colleagues, and partner
agencies in furtherance of the mission and purpose of Begin Anew
• Ensure the effective and efficient operation of the ministry, including accurate and timely data entry
and organizational reporting
• Research and analyze member and community needs to determine program directions and goals
• Communicate regularly with the Central Office staff and other Program Managers of Begin Anew
• Passion for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and a willingness to sign Begin Anew’s Statement of
• Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct the work of others, including, but not limited to, planning, assigning, scheduling, and reviewing work. Holds colleagues accountable to quality standards and reviews performance. Responsible for hiring, training, developing, coaching, retaining, and terminating colleagues.
Customer Focus: Position primarily serves external customers.
Confidentiality: Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum Work Experience: 3-5 years
- A strong passion for Christian ministry
- Willingness to work with different cultures and faith beliefs
- Pleasant and calm demeanor in working with students, staff members, volunteers,
- An ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at a time, with limited supervision
- Experience coordinating and leading a team of volunteers
- Moderate Computer Skills (Basic use of email, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics, etc.)
- Complex Communication Skills (Peers and leadership)
- Decision Making Abilities – Department Specific Impact
- Problem Solving Skills – Varied / Complex Business Problems
Physical Requirements: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is occasionally required to
stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects,
tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel,
bend, crouch, or crawl; speak or hear. The colleague must occasionally lift, push,
pull and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for
extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
Environment: Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled environment.
Travel: Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
• New Year’s Day (January 1st)
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
• Good Friday
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day (July 4th)
• Labor Day
• Thanksgiving Day and Friday following
• Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
In addition, the office will be closed from December 26th through December 31st to
allow employees time off with their families. Holidays that fall on weekends may
be observed the previous Friday or the following Monday.
Available after 6 months of employment
• 5 vacation days
Available after 12 months of employment
• 10 vacation days
- 401K available at employee’s expense through Guidestone.
- Monthly additional pay of $125 toward health insurance.
How to Apply
If interested, email Resume and Cover Letter to Yvette Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: April 14, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Program Management
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday; flexible schedule averaging 40 hours per week for full time colleagues.