Jordan Thomas Foundation
Jordan Thomas Foundation
Mission and Background:
The Jordan Thomas Foundation (JTF) returns children and adolescents to a life without physical limitation by providing quality prostheses until adulthood, serving as a caring resource for the child and family living with limb differences and tirelessly advocating for insurance fairness.
Founded in 2006 by Jordan Thomas after he lost both his legs below the knee in a boating accident, JTF is committed to providing kids living with limb differences access to the prostheses they need to lead active healthy lives. JTF is a small organization that is growing rapidly and has committed engagement from our Board of Directors as well as our Founder. We support more than 70 JTF Kids and families across the country – more than doubling our recipients within the last 18 months.
To learn more visit www.jordanthomasfoundation.org.
JTF seeks an experienced and professional full-time Program Manager to help us continue to grow our services, the number of families we serve and our donor base. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and will be innovative and confident in their ability to prioritize projects appropriately while seeking direction when needed. This person will have a proven track record in data and process management, event planning, marketing and social media support as well as development functions.
The Program Manager will be a team player with a welcoming and inclusive personality who is just as at-ease talking with a JTF Family as they are in interacting with JTF’s major donors and key constituents. The ideal candidate has a high standard of professional conduct, a willingness to “get the work done” and is excited to join a thriving organization poised for continued growth. As only our 2nd full-time employee, the Program Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and Founder to assure all aspects of the organization run smoothly. A typical work day will range from project planning and implementation to general administrative support.
The Program Manager will report to the Executive Director. The Program Manager will manage all JTF Volunteers and Interns.
Data & Process Management
- Manage JTF CRM (Neon) including donors, recipients, grants and prospects
- Complete data entry and reporting for all fundraising events and campaigns
- Process donor acknowledgement letters and receipts, pledge reminders and other communications in a timely manner
- Create and run reports as needed
Special Events Management
- Support Executive Director (ED) in design and implementation of JTF special events including the JTF Annual Golf Tournament and a JTF Gala
- Coordinate and provide event logistics support before, during and after events, including online registration platforms, invitation and attendee lists, sponsorship outreach and coordination, equipment and audiovisual needs, other logistical support and set-up, hospitality, refreshments, and other aspects as neede
- Work with Development Committee of the Board of Directors, ED and Founder to create and implement an Annual Fundraising Plan
- Research grant opportunities for the organization, in partnership with the ED
- Coordinate with the ED in developing grant proposals
- Manage the grant application and reporting process
- Work directly with Marketing Committee of the Board of Directors, ED and Founder to create and implement an Annual Marketing Plan
- Create, edit and update media and resources in print and online
- Write and produce compelling stories, blog posts, social media, website content, videos/multimedia and other content as required to drive brand and donor recruitment and retention
- Field informational emails and phone calls and ensure responses are provided in a professional and timely manner, delegating tasks to other support staff and intern staff as needed
- Support virtual and in-person meetings, including generating and managing calendar invites, establishing virtual meeting links, making conference room reservations, providing room setup, distributing meeting materials, taking attendance, and recording minutes
- Run errands (bank, post office, suppliers) as needed
- Work closely with ED to assure JTF Kids and families have what they need including support for travel, billing, zoom meetings, mentoring and onboarding
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, JTF families/children, past and current board members, event committees, partners, and funders
The Program Manager will be thoroughly committed to JTF’s mission. All candidates should have proven management experience. Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least two (2) years of professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with data entry and data management
- Experience with event management
- Experience handling confidential matters professionally and with discretion
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Adept at navigating technology, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Adobe, WordPress, Classy, Constant Contact and cloud-based CRM platforms
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Space for a home office with internet connectivity (employees work locally but remotely in the Nashville area)
- Cooperative and communicative work style
- Positive and welcoming attitude and superior customer service skills
- Commitment to our organizational values including diversity, equity, and inclusion
Salary is commensurate with experience. Some benefits may be available.
How to Apply
Applications must be received by Monday January 31, 2022. Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: January 12, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 02/14/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hours/week; M-F 8am-5pm