The Hotline Program Manager (PM) is a critical member of the executive management team. The PM leads the management and quality of Homework Hotline’s programs through the following responsibilities:
1) evaluates the effectiveness of program(s) and provides ongoing feedback;
2) supports the ED to promote and diversify funding through effective resource stewardship and maintaining diversified school district funding and private philanthropic support;
3) raise the agency’s profile through external communications;
4) provide mentoring, guidance, supervision, and professional development to all tutors, staff and volunteers; and
5) enhance the structure of the organization by staying informed of developments in youth workforce and education. The PM will also engage the Board of Directors frequently under the direction of the ED.
Responsibilities: Leadership, Staff Management and Organizational Strategy
• Directly train, supervise, and evaluate part-time staff, working closely with them to build their skills and confidence so that they can effectively serve students via phone and multiple technology platforms.
• Support staff with any needs, including trouble-shooting and taking student calls or chats as needed.
• Provide assistance and guidance on how to troubleshoot program and staff performance challenges.
• Oversee and manage current Homework Hotline programs; assist ED in implementation of future programs.
• Oversee and manage Volunteers.
• Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals by creating staff schedules based on knowledge of budget, subject-level, and grade-level needs.
• Maintain a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward mission and vision; clearly communicating this to staff.
• Establish annual program and staff goals and objectives and track results against these goals as well as accountability protocols.
• Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility.
• In coordination with the ED, play a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, service delivery, and management of the organization across school district partners and multiple sites.
• Support fund development efforts through the promotion and execution of Homework Hotline’s fundraising events, proposal/grant writing, steward funding relationships, and more.
• Under the Board of Directors and in partnership with the ED, create and implement Homework Hotline’s strategic plan.
Program Oversight and Evaluation
• Oversee the coordination, integration, and delivery of Homework Hotline’s programs.
• Work closely with the ED on requests for proposals and funding applications.
• Work closely with the ED to budget and monitor programmatic operations to ensure sound fiscal and system management.
• Ensure the delivery of qualitative and quantitative goals and outcomes of Homework Hotline.
• Coordinate and analyze the appropriate data to inform the programmatic and operational decision-making process and reporting to school district partners.
• Determine staffing plans to achieve program goals and objectives and participate in hiring decisions for new tutoring staff.
• Passion for Homework Hotline’s mission and purpose and an ability to educate and inspire action by others.
• Willingness and comfort to work 10am–8pm, Mondays through Thursdays, and occasional early mornings and/or weekends.
• A minimum of two years’ leadership experience in a nonprofit, government, or philanthropy environment, overseeing program(s), ideally at an organization impacting educational attainment or success of high-potential youth.
• Comprehensive working knowledge of program planning, organizational structure, budgeting, administrative operations, and fundraising.
• Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team in a multi-site structure to include professional development and mentorship.
• High comfort level with technology and multitasking. Additional helpful skills: organization, professional and creative writing, and public speaking.
• Ability to work well with diverse populations including staff, guardians, students, and district partners.
• Bi-lingual candidates preferred (Spanish).
• Education/teaching background preferred.
Compensation: This is a salaried position that pays $37,500-$45,000/year with a $200/month Health Reimbursement Arrangement.
How to Apply
To apply: Submit resume, cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com. Application review begins immediately. Tentative start date August 2021.
To learn more about Homework Hotline, please visit homeworkhotline.info. Hotline is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Date Posted: September 20, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 37,500 - 45,000
- Working Hours: M-Th 10:00 am – 8:00 pm