Begin Anew of Middle TN
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: Site Directors & Child Care Coordinators
Leads and manages a team of site directors to empower individuals to overcome obstacles caused by poverty by providing education, mentoring, and resources. Forward thinker who determines best practices for delivering and implementing all program services and oversees volunteer training and placement in accordance with the core values, mission, and vision of Begin Anew.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Development Director to deliver and implement all program services in accordance with the core values, mission, and vision of Begin Anew.
- Provide strong leadership for the site directors such as determining adult education best practices and data standards
- Responsible for hiring and training new site directors as well as evaluation of current site directors
- Manage database and establish program goals and metrics
- Ensure all programming expands appropriately, supports the mission, and maintains compliance with all Begin Anew and CWJC/CMJC policies as well as federal, state, and city regulations
- Oversee volunteer recruitment, vetting, training, and placement
- Establish and maintain site budgets while working closely with the Executive Director and Development Director
- Attend local and national adult education conferences to learn and implement new strategies
- Participate in The Goal Collective, a group of up to 20 adult education providers working together to improve adult education and literacy rates within Nashville.
- Update resource file and maintain a robust list of non-profits, churches, government agencies, and corporate partners
- Responsible for aligning programs, child care, and Bible study across all sites as determined by local needs assessments
- Author and update Program Director’s Manual
- Lead Program Director meetings to establish necessary communication and feedback
- Accepting and able to communicate with individuals of varied culture and socio-economic groups
- Develop processes and procedures to maximize the work of the ministry
- Adhere to the confidentiality policy of Begin Anew
- Passion for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and a willingness to sign Begin Anew’s Statement of Faith
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct the work of others, including, but not limited to, planning, assigning, scheduling, and reviewing work. Holds colleagues accountable to quality standards and reviews performance. Responsible for hiring, training, developing, coaching, retaining, and terminating colleagues.
- Position serves both internal & external customers
- Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information
- Non-profit and/or adult education experience preferred
- High proficiency in databases and reporting; specific experience with Salesforce or similar CRM preferred
- Minimum work experience 5-7 years
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced Computer Skills (Able to use email, word processing, computer systems, etc. to their fullest capacity)
- Technical Computer Skills (Basic programming, relational databases, and operating systems)
- Moderate Communication Skills (Immediate peers & peers in other departments)
- Complex Communication Skills (Peers and leadership)
- Organizational Communication Skills (Company-wide)
DECISION MAKING ABILITIES
- Job Specific Impact
- Department Specific Impact
- Organizational Impact
PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
- Routine Business Problems
- Varied / Complex Business Problems
- Organizational Business Problems
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl; speak or hear. The colleague must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works in well-lit, ventilated, and climate-controlled office environment with routine office equipment.
- Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office environment.
- Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
- New Year’s Day (January 1st)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and Friday following
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- In addition, the office will be closed from December 26th through December 31st to allow employees time off with their families. Holidays that fall on weekends may be observed the previous Friday or the following Monday.
- Available after 6 months of employment: 5 vacation days
- Available after 12 months of employment: 10 vacation days
- 401K available at employee’s expense through Guidestone
- Monthly additional pay of $125 toward health insurance
How to Apply
Do you feel called to lead a strong team to serve others and change lives? Begin Anew has an excellent opportunity for a forward thinker who determines best practices for delivering and implementing all program services and oversees all volunteer training and placement as a Program Manager.
Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of work experience and excellent written and verbal skills, with a “people first” attitude. If you feel called to be a part of something bigger than yourself, please apply today by emailing a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: January 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Program Management
- Service Area: Education
- Salary Range: Please submit salary requirements with resume.
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday; 8am-4:30pm, some flexibility with schedule due to regularly visiting sites but averaging at least 40 hours per week for full time colleagues