Big Brothers Big Sisters
Program Evaluation and Volunteer Experience Leader – AmeriCorps Member
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Are you passionate about research and always wanting to find out the ‘why’? Join Big Brothers Big Sisters this service term to partner with mentors and improve programming through research, evaluation, advocacy and data!
Half Time, August 15,2022 – July 28, 2023
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee is looking for a creative self-starter who is passionate about advocating for client-centered programming. You will love this role if you will enjoy engaging with people to collect feedback.The ideal member should have an interest in collecting, interpreting, and presenting data.
The Program Evaluation and Volunteer Experience Leader will distribute surveys and conduct focus groups to collect responses that measure mentor satisfaction. They will develop a process to track and interpret responses, and share findings to help promote and implement program improvements. We will use this information to recruit more volunteers to serve our youth, with a focus on creating more repeat volunteers.
This AmeriCorps member will leave their service term with skills in data collection, interpretation, and presentation; community engagement; program management; and project planning.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee, The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, and AmeriCorps, the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges.
- Develop and improve survey measures used to assess the volunteer experience before, during, and after service engagements
- Conduct focus groups with current volunteers to determine opportunities to improve service
to volunteers and improve mentor satisfaction
- Design systems for regular measurement, evaluation, and adaptation of practices related to mentor satisfaction
- Curate a system for tracking, reporting, and utilizing volunteer feedback (i.e. dashboards, reports, etc.)
Typical Day In This Position
Most days will consist of the service member sending Mentor Satisfaction surveys, checking for new responses, and analyzing the data from the responses that are received. Some days may include organizing and conducting regular focus groups of volunteers to collect additional, more in-depth information. The member will regularly meet and collaborate with other teams to share findings and discuss ideas for program improvement.
Service will take place between 8am-6pm, Monday – Friday, around 20 hours per week. Exact schedule may be flexible to meet the needs of service member and BBBS
Members should have experience with or the willingness to develop competencies in these areas:
(1) Organizing and leading focus group conversations to gain insight to participant’s experience.
(2) Organizing, analyzing, and presenting data in clear and engaging ways.
(3) Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Microsoft TEAMS for meetings. Ability to learn Matchforce (salesforce-based data management system) and Form Assembly for data collection and assessment.
(4) Willingness to problem solve, collaborate with people with different backgrounds and ideologies, and work as a team.
Key abilities include:
(1) Prioritize and meeting deadlines while working through multiple tasks at once.
(2) Willingness to meet new people and get others excited about volunteering.
(3) Thinking creatively about developing new systems for collecting information.
- $3,247.50 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
- $10,000 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
How to Apply
Please apply using the link: https://forms.office.com/r/4BZ11DvFuv
- Date Posted: April 7, 2022
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: 10000
- Working Hours: 15-20