Safe Haven Family Shelter
Establishes the direction for Safe Haven Family Shelter by directing case management and programming related to the families. Responsible for the overall delivery of organizational-specific goals related to programs in partnership with the Chief Program Officer. Oversees supervision of program staff, assist with grant writings and controlling financial assistance expenditures as needed.
- Develops and implements annual program plans and activity/outcome metrics for program staff to work towards, maintaining high program quality at all times.
- Develops and oversees implementation of client policies and procedures.
- Supervises case management staff and shelter program coordinator ensuring team has the skills and training needed to be effective.
- Implements comprehensive training for program staff with a focus on motivational interviewing, trauma-informed care, CTI, and rapid rehousing housing best practices.
- Develops and maintains effective on-boarding of program staff.
- Maintains leadership role in the community related to programming and family homelessness in partnership with the Chief Program Officer, including the Continuum of Care and the Coordinated Entry System.
- Maintains confidentiality when dealing with sensitive client information.
- Implements a trauma-informed framework within the program department.
- Works with the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Program Officer to oversee all program grants, and meet all grant compliance and reporting requirements.
- Allocates and monitors work assigned to program staff while providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal.
- Meets bi-weekly with case management staff for supervision and client review.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work. LMSW strongly preferred.
- At least two years’ previous experience supervising direct service staff including MSSW’s.
- Five years’ experience in homeless services required (e.g., leadership in the CoC, leading a team who works with persons experiencing homelessness, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles related to case management, partnership development, and leadership skills.
- Training in Trauma Informed Care.
Excellent Benefits Package
How to Apply
To apply, please click on this link https://safe-haven-family-shelter.prismhr-hire.com/job/208489/program-director-non-profit and then on the link “Apply for this position.” There you will have the opportunity to upload a resume and cover letter.
In creating your cover letter please carefully follow these instructions. The cover letter should speak specifically to your interest in this particular position, and discuss how you meet the position key requirements: experience supervising social workers/direct service staff, strong knowledge of social-work best practices, strong team-work orientation and extensive experience working in homelessness services. (Please do not upload a generic cover letter. We are interested in knowing your specific interest and fit for this position.)
- Date Posted: September 7, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services