West End Extended Program
West End Extended Program
West End Extended Care Program (WEXP) is seeking a Full-time Program Director for our before/after school program, offered to the students who attend West End Middle School. WEXP is a non-profit, parent-led organization, that provides excellent care that promotes academic, social, and emotional success for the students enrolled in our program.
Under the guidance of the West End Extended Program Board of Directors (“Board”) and the Department of Human Services (“DHS”), the Program Director (“Director”) will be responsible for directing all aspects of the West End Extended Program (WEXP) at the site location, planning and conducting activities, daily scheduling, curriculum, and administrative duties. The Director will be responsible for the hiring and supervision of appropriate staff and their activities. The Director will work with the staff to provide an enriching program to help develop the children’s physical and mental development.
Time Commitment: The Program Director must commit to be an on-site coordinator Monday- Friday, to equate to approximately 40 hours per week. This position is salaried.
- Develop and implement a quality curriculum for WEXP that takes into consideration the needs of each child and the goals of the WEXP program. Put in operation staffing and programming before the beginning of each school year.
- Plan, organize, promote, lead, and participate in specific school-age activities such as center choices, adult lead games, provide enrichment, cultural events and large group activities.
- Hire and supervise staff required for program operation, includes maintaining schedules, staff coverage, performance and payroll according to WEXP Employee Handbook and Policies
- Attend and/or conduct parent conferences as needed
- Maintain positive relationships and open positive communication with other staff, parents, school employees, and the Board of Directors
- Responsible for complete Financial Management which includes: assisting Board (or designee) with determining projected vs. actual budget, ability to stay within budget range, payments, bookkeeping, taxes (preparation for filing, documentation, tracking of special Filing that are outside the normal scope, et.al.) and other financial matters regarding the WEXP program
- Promote the WEXP program within the West End community and designated feeder schools.
- Notify Board in a timely manner of any problems or concerns involving finances, staffing, children participating in the program and/or their parents
- Provide monthly updates to the Board about the activities of the program
- Act as a self-directed employer in identifying program guidelines, regulations, resources, and information for improvement of activities and program needs
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area and 2+ years experience administering an early care and/or education program or Associates Degree and 4 years experience.
Experience teaching or tutoring middle school youth in a group setting
Knowledgeable of DHS & SACERS rules and regulations
Strong administrative and supervisory experience required
Paid vacation days, training hours, and holidays.
Insurance stipend (monthly)
How to Apply
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply directly here: https://childcaretn.acquire4hire.com/careers/details.json?id=28426&source=17
- Date Posted: September 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/11/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk