Program Coordinator – Refugee Youth
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Program Coordinator in our Refugee Youth Program in the Refugee & Immigration Services Department. This is a full-time position located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, Tennessee. Work hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 pm with limited Friday hours as needed.
The Program Coordinator will assist the program manager in effective implementation of the afterschool and summer programs for school aged children. This position will develop curriculum and program schedules, provide training and oversight in the implementation of trauma-informed programming and classroom management, create transportation plans, provide supervision to program staff and interns, train new staff, ensure staff maintenance of proper records and documentation, conduct monthly parent and community engagement activities, ensure accuracy and maintenance of grant and other pertinent reports, collect and manage data to ensure grant requirements are being met, and provide transportation and classroom support in the case of staff absences.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Knowledge/experience with Metro Nashville Public Schools System
- Knowledge of trauma-informed principles
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction
- Ability to transport clients with valid Tennessee driver’s license and clear driving record
- Successful completion of criminal background screening
- Comfortable meeting clients in their homes or communities throughout Davidson County
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, education, or related field required.
- Prefer candidates with prior experience working with refugees and/or youth.
Prefer candidates with prior experience in a supervisory position and/or program development
Excellent benefits with 2 weeks paid vacation first year in addition to sick leave. Medical, life, and disability insurance.
How to Apply
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package. Please e-mail cover letter (detailing how candidate meets posted minimum requirements) with salary history to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: March 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/06/2021
- Salary Range: 39,000
- Working Hours: 37-1/2 hrs/wk; 8:00am - 4:30pm