Program Coordinator – Donelson Station
FiftyForward seeks candidates for the full-time Program Coordinator at Donelson Station location.
FiftyForward is about strengthening our community of older adults 50 plus in Middle TN. Every day our team works collaboratively to create innovative programming and services, community partnerships, and equitable access to resources that support, champion, and enhance life for those 50 and older.
FiftyForward Donelson Station located in the Donelson area in Nashville, is a bustling hub for activities and services for older adults where we seek to provide center members with highest-quality, engaging programs and activities that are educational, social, and recreational and encourage total health and well-being and community involvement.
The Donelson Station Program Coordinator assists in the overall operation of the center with emphasis on planning, developing, implementing and evaluating center programs and activities that are educational, social, and recreational and encourage total health and well-being and community involvement. The Program Coordinator assists in recruitment and retention of center members, overseeing instructors and volunteers, and maintaining center databases.
- Plans, promotes, implements and evaluates center programs and activities
- Creates monthly calendar of programs and activities
- Recruits, screens, interviews, hires, evaluates instructors and group facilitators
- Drives agency van
- Works collaboratively with center committees
- Helps develop virtual /digital content for membership portal
- Oversees volunteers
The successful candidate will have:
- Proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID unless an accommodation is required by law
- Passion for serving people and a willingness to embrace the mission of FiftyForward
- Desire to support equity and inclusion of all individuals
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, members, volunteers, community partners and the public
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and independently
- A highly collaborative work style and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Openness to change and multi-task in fast-paced environments by juggling a variety of tasks efficiently
- Ability to organize work and a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Experience using computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel, preferred experience with data management systems
- Ability to be certified in CPR/first aid and safe food handling practices
- Experience in program planning, promotion and recruitment. Prefer experience working with active older adults and volunteers, working in a non-profit agency and/or working in health and fitness
- Associates degree/two years of college required. Bachelor’s degree in social services, recreation or related field or equivalent preferred
Full-time benefits package available including:
- Health, dental and vision
- Life insurance and long term disability
- Eligible to participate in retirement plan
- Paid holidays including one full week at Christmas
- Generous vacation and sick leave package
How to Apply
Go to FiftyForward’s Careers Page to apply.
- Date Posted: October 6, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 16.00-17.00/hour
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm