Nurses for Newborns
Nurses for Newborns is a nonprofit organization that works with at risk infants and their families by providing in home visits by Registered Nurses. The job of Program Coordinator is the first person to connect with the families we serve. The Program Coordinator works closely with the Nursing Director and staff nurses to coordinate Intake, Interpretation Services and Resource Support for NFN’s clients.
- Receives and processes all client referrals, including entering referrals into database, contacting and confirming client’s approval for services and processing referral for billing.
- Works directly with clients by telephone.
- Coordinates and regularly communicates with Director of Nursing (DON) regarding referrals and assignments.
- Coordinates with nurses for interpretation needs, including scheduling and managing communication between nurse and interpretation agency.
- Maintains paperwork and education materials for nurses, including forms and packets for clients.
- Maintains client data in NFN database.
- Coordinates in house volunteer efforts, oversees donations and maintains an organized donation room.
- Works with DON to coordinate materials and events for community outreach.
- Identifies individual client/caregiver needs, recommends solutions and refers clients to community resources in collaboration with the Registered Nurse.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Experience with multiple IT software programs required
- 1-3 years of experience in a non-profit or medical office setting preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, both internal and external
- Effective verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage time effectively and handle conflicting priorities and deadlines appropriately
- Ability to communicate with all clients and staff with cultural awareness and sensitivity through a trauma informed approach
Available per policy and based on employment status.
How to Apply
- To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Sonya.Holdcraft@NursesforNewborns.org
subject line “Program Coordinator”
- Date Posted: February 25, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 33,000-35,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F 8:00 – 4:30