First Steps, Inc.
Are you looking for a fulfilling career helping children achieve their full potential in a fun and creative environment? First Steps, Inc. is one of the leading early childhood and early childhood special education agencies in the State of Tennessee. We are proud to work with a talented group of Teachers and Therapists, and are excited to bring a new Center Program Coordinator onto our team. This role offers a wonderful mix of supporting children and families, as well as the teaching staff who serve them, in a fun and supportive environment where people come together to help children and families thrive!
- Assist Center Director in ensuring children’s individual goals are reviewed, addressed and documented within stated timelines, and in accordance with licensing and granting agency guidelines.
- Work alongside Center Director to ensure classroom design and operations meet the standards of the Department of Human Services (DHS), the 3-Star Rating Program, Developmentally Appropriate Practices (DAP) and Tennessee’s Early Learning Standards (TN-ELDS), as well as licensing codes and requirements related to health, fire, safety and environment.
- Resource with families and other providers to gain a thorough understanding of how best to serve each child and family in the center. Examples include but are not limited to: occupational therapist (OT), speech-language pathologist (SLP), physical therapist (PT), and registered nurse.
- Participate in the teacher orientation process as instructed by the Center Director.
- Promote the development of a team environment in all classrooms by providing positive guidance and training to teachers.
- Assist with wait list inquiries and conduct tours.
- Coordinate center special events alongside Center Director.
- Associate’s Degree in early childhood education, special education or related field.
- Experience with young children or children with disabilities in a center-based program.
- Salary based on experience and education
- Insurance options
- Retirement plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and select holidays
How to Apply
Email your resume to Kelli Jo Hazen at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: February 13, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $37,000-$39,000/annually
- Working Hours: M-F, 9:00am-5:30pm