Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless champion for older adults living their best lives? To make a real difference for older adults living? If the answer is yes, come join our team!
FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for a Program Coordinator at our FiftyForward Nashville location. This is a full-time position with regular weekday hours, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm.
We are looking for someone who assists in the overall day-to-day operations of the Center including planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and activities that are educational, social, and recreational, encouraging total health and well-being and community involvement.
As the main point of contact for our customers, visitors, and members, you will be instrumental in ensuring excellent customer service and maintaining a warm and inviting atmosphere for our FiftyForward members.
- Plan, promote, implement, and evaluate center activities in close collaboration with the FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Services (ADS) Director and Activity Coordinator to ensure provision of highest-quality, best-practice programming for older adults engaged with FiftyForward.
- Welcome new members to the center and promote membership and participation across programs.
- Under the guidance of the Center Director, work closely with the Advisory Council Membership and Program Committees in identifying new program opportunities.
- Devote approximately 20% of time to community outreach to plan and offer offsite activities and events to engage older adults.
- Prepare and maintain monthly calendars and newsletters. Coordinate with other staff and volunteers in implementing the activity calendars. Promote events and activities.
- Offer programming for center members and ADS participants and actively explores options to combine programming for both groups to benefit the older adults served. Ensure necessary supplies and equipment are in place to accomplish activities.
- Set up rooms for programs and activities, assist in keeping the Center neat and orderly, assist with keeping displays for programs and bulletin boards current.
- Recruit and screen outside instructors and group facilitators. Utilize and contribute to FiftyForward centralized programming database to identify programming options.
- Collaborate closely with staff and adhere to ADS licensure and grant-funding regulations. Count in ratio for and assist in ADS program whenever needed.
- Drive or coordinate driving of agency vehicles including a 15-passenger bus and 11 passenger van for daytrips and follow all agency vehicle rules and protocols.
- Coordinate with support staff to update, on a weekly basis or more frequently, membership and activity data in My Senior Center (MSC) and Membership Works (MW); including new and renewal members, events, GNRC reports, and member lists; assists with any other special reports.
- Work closely with Center Director in executing overall FiftyForward and center goals.
- Maintain an active corps of volunteers who are selected, trained and recognized in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Oversee the operation of the Center in the absence of the Center Director.
- Serve as backup to office personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we require:
- An interest in working directly with older adults to promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older.
- Effective and professional communication (verbal/written) and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills, MS Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
- Comfort working with Zoom and providing audio-visual support.
- Understanding of and experience with using social media to promote programming and recruitment.
- Excellent detail and problem-solving skills.
- Openness to constructive feedback, and creative dialogue with FiftyForward Management Team.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work cooperatively with internal and external customers including members, constituents, and providers.
- Demonstrated skills in organization, customer service, and time and task management.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Associate degree or two years of college courses focusing on social services, recreation or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in program planning, marketing, promotion and recruitment.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a customer/client focused environment. Prefer at least one year’s experience working with active older adults and volunteers in a non-profit agency and/or working in health and fitness.
- Experience creating newsletter publications and flyers preferred.
- Must be FirstAid/CPR and ServSafe-certified or able to obtain certification.
- A valid TN driver’s license including a good motor vehicle record, and appropriate automobile insurance.
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long term care, Life, AD&D, FSA
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off (vacation time, sick time)
- 10 Paid holidays – plus the week between Christmas and New Years
- Paid birthday off
- Complimentary membership to all centers
- Community involvement
- Development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners touching the lives of more than 20,000 individuals annually. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and living their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: January 18, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm