Nashville Business Incubation Center
Nashville Business Incubation Center
The Program Coordinator for entrepreneurship is responsible for small business client relations, coordination with consultants on client metrics and data collection, evaluation and reporting on the data collected, coordination and management of clients referred to the entrepreneurship team for services, follow-up on a client story collection, and assisting the Program Manager in coordination and implementation of a quality control system. This position is also involved in client relations with regard to NBIC client training.
This position is Hybrid – Some remote, some on-site in Nashville, TN
Summary of Essential Job Duties
The following is a summary of general essential duties, all of which may or may not be assigned at any given time to an individual Program Coordinator:
Client Referral Coordination & Customer Service
- Setup and manage a system for capturing all small business client referrals to include information such as client business name, client name, client contact information, date referral received, the date referred internally, the outcome of the referral
- Coordinate the assignment of small business client referrals to consultants that may include adding a client card to Basecamp or GrowthWheel.
- Monitor that small business client referrals are contacted promptly or properly placed on a Wait List
- Assist management consultants with client exit interviews, when needed
- Survey clients regularly based on programs and report on the results
- Obtain recommended clients from consultants to contact for at least 1 client story each month and/or video testimonial with client image for our story library and to share with the communications team
- Run monthly Timesheet reports to identify small business client names and add to Excel spreadsheet or metric database
- Coordinate management consultant’s small business initial client data entry and regular monitoring of client data updates
- Develop monthly and/or quarterly data reports summarizing our outcomes with information such as # minorities, # rural, total hours of technical assistance (TA), average hours of TA, most common types of TA, client business industries, etc.
- Assist in preparing data for the Program Manager to report to the monthly Senior Leadership Team meetings
Other Essential Job Duties:
- Assist other NBIC teams, as required by your supervisor.
- Support the Mighty Oak Pathway program
- Required to use NBIC timekeeping software to input daily work performance.
- Represent NBIC at various meetings or events, as approved by your supervisor.
- Assist in grant writing and reporting.
Tools Used in Job
Demonstrated strong proficiency in the use of a windows-based computer, internet, smartphone (texting, email, photos, videos, social media, and calls), cloud-based databases for data entry, and Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Preference is given to those with the ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft 365 Cloud environments, specifically SharePoint and TEAMs. The use of additional software for project-related activities is required.
Five years of work experience is required. Prior business ownership experience is preferred.
The position requires excellent oral and writing skills. This position must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and often competing deadlines. Requires the ability to effectively work on multiple projects, prioritize and problem-solve issues. Preference is given to project management experience (Basecamp, Trello, or Asana) and strong customer service orientation.
- Having strong communication / interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Having a collaborative spirit and attitude, operating with an agile mindset.
- The ability to analyze and solve problems quickly, a strategic thinker.
- The ability to lead a team and work well with others
- Very attentive to details and very organized, and flexible to handle a variety of priorities and changing tasks.
- Must be self-motivated, and have the ability to manage several clients at a time.
Salary including paid time off and sick time
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the Nashville Business Incubation Center (NBIC) at email@example.com. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter.
- Date Posted: November 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 01/23/2023
- Salary Range: 45,000 - 50,000
- Working Hours: 40-50