FiftyForward seeks candidates for full-time, grant-funded position of Food Security Program Coordinator in its FiftyForward Fresh meals program.
FiftyForward’s mission is to support, champion and enhance life for those 50 and older. Established in 1956, we are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and families in middle Tennessee.
FiftyForward Fresh/Meals on Wheels is a home-delivered meal program serving older adults in need of consistent access to nutritious food and connection to resources.
The FiftyForward Fresh Food Security Program Coordinator will advocate for and connect older adults, especially those most vulnerable and isolated, with food and additional resources to increase food security and decrease isolation. The Food Security Program Coordinator will collaborate with community partners to combine efforts to provide food and support for older adults in need.
Additional information you should know:
- Position is non-exempt; full-time/40 hours per week
- Position is grant-funded through December 31, 2021
The successful candidate will have:
- Passion for serving people; demonstrated commitment to mission, value, and goals of FiftyForward
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, clients, community partners and the public
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in program development and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to conduct extensive outreach and collaborate with numerous community partners for the purpose of achieving a common goal
- Openness to change and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment by juggling a variety of tasks efficiently
- Interest in and sensitivity to assisting frail older adults
- Bilingual fluency in English/Spanish or English/Arabic required
- BS or BA in social work or related field. Associates degree or high school diploma with equivalent experience may be considered
Full benefits package available including:
Health, dental and vision
Accrued vacation and sick leave
How to Apply
Go to FiftyForward Employment and apply online.
- Date Posted: January 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 02/22/2021
- Salary Range: 18.00/hour
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm