Senior Ride Nashville
Senior Ride Nashville
Senior Ride Nashville Program Coordinator (part-time)
(90-day contract with opportunity to extend)
Senior Ride Nashville (SRN) is a growing nonprofit in metro Nashville meeting the transportation needs of seniors by providing affordable, assisted rides given by volunteer drivers.
SRN is hiring an engaged, organized, and energetic team member for our Program Coordinator position. Our Program Coordinator multi-tasks with professionalism and empathy, performing administrative duties to ensure the daily operational success of the Senior Ride mission – getting our senior clients where they need to go. Principal responsibilities are listed below, and special tasks may also be assigned. This position is a contract position of 15-20 hours per week and reports to the Operations Director.
- Serve as first point-of-contact for community members, answering questions about the ride program and screening for program eligibility. Mail applications as needed.
- Manage and execute the multi-step process of ride support for our senior members: take ride requests over the phone; communicate quickly and clearly; calculate time needed to arrive with punctuality at destinations (account for traffic and individual client’s needs); promptly and accurately enter rides into the online database.
- Support ride program through consistent and accurate communication and up-to-date record keeping.
- Assist with mailings to Senior Ride Nashville’s 200+ members, folding, stuffing, stamping, and mailing letters by the deadline.
- Manage client membership renewal by running reports monthly to determine who owes their annual dues, using the mail merge function in Microsoft Word to create letters and invoices, and sending those out in a timely fashion. Record payments and follow up with overdue members at the beginning of each month.
- Run report monthly to obtain mailing list for birthday cards. Address, stamp, and mail cards throughout the month to ensure timely arrival.
- Assist with special events and other departmental tasks as assigned.
- Must hold all confidential information in strict confidence
- Must adhere to SRN’s policies and procedures regarding COVID-19
- Minimum 3 years of related full-time work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with older adults preferred.
Skills & Attributes:
- Enjoyment of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Flexibility with varying daily work loads
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, organization, and administrative skills
- Proven ability to learn and efficiently populate and utilizes databases
- Ability to work efficiently in all Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, volunteers, staff, and the public
- Excellent verbal and written skills across all platforms of communication
- Must successfully pass criminal background screening
- Critical thinking, flexibility, and patience
$18-22 per hour, based on experience and skills
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to Info@SeniorRideNashville.org. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: August 28, 2020
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/01/2020
- Working Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30-2:00