Tennesee Primary Care Association
Tennesee Primary Care Association
Position Title: Program Assistant
Classification: 11 NE (Part Time)
Reports to: HCAP Program Manager
Direct Reports: None
The Tennessee Primary Care Association (TPCA) is a membership association of Community Health Centers serving low-income populations in Tennessee. TPCA places a high value on member relations. It is a dynamic, team-oriented non-profit that provides support and technical assistance to health centers located in underserved communities. The Program Assistant contributes to this work by supporting the program work of TPCA.
The Program Assistant supports the Health Care Access Program (HCAP) by providing administrative support to the Program Manager and by assisting other program staff in preparing for and conducting meetings, trainings, and other program events. The Program Assistant also supports and monitors the completion of program documentation.
Duty 1: Provide Administrative Support to Program Manager
- Support the Program Manager in scheduling and managing internal and external meetings.
- Conduct monthly reviews of staff work plan and technical assistance documentation to ensure completion.
- Provide Program Manager with monthly status reports on status of staff documentation.
- Work with the Program Manager to develop monthly program report.
- Support the Program Manager in completing activities related to processing TPCA-related forms, such as travel and expense reports, procurements, and purchase orders, etc.
- Assist the Program Manager with the editing and formatting of written documents and compiling materials needed for reporting or dissemination to funders, health centers, or key stakeholders.
Duty 2: Assists Program Staff in Coordinating Meetings and Events (trainings, webinars, etc.)
- Work with program staff to ensure that all meetings and events are on annual TPCA calendars (Training, Staff, Communications, etc.) and update as changes occur.
- Assist staff in updating and maintaining workgroup and committee membership lists.
- Support the Training Manager and other staff in the preparation, delivery and follow-up of training events and meetings hosted by HCAP.
- Provide support in developing TPCA updates and other communications for health centers and partners.
- Assist program staff in setting up and monitoring online survey returns sent to health center staff.
Duty 3: Supports TPCA Teamwork by Supporting TPCA Policies, Procedures, and Participating in Staff Activities
- Maintain knowledge of TPCA policies, procedures, and software.
- Participate in TPCA staff huddles, functional teams, staff meetings and pertinent conferences and meetings.
- Complete TPCA-related forms and activities such as timesheets/activity reporting, leave requests, and travel forms, including travel authorizations, expense reports and documentation within the timeframes set in TPCA procedures.
- Provide staff support at Association sponsored events, such as the Annual Conference and President’s Dinner.
- Serves as a TPCA Travel Coordinator to assist Program staff with minimal travel needs, such as Safe Harbors Business Travel/Concur support (TPCA’s travel management company), conference registrations and other travel needs that are not available through Safe Harbors Business Travel (i.e. shuttle) and completing credit card authorization forms and tax exempt forms.
- Perform other tasks and duties as identified by the immediate supervisor.
- A High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree preferred.
- At least three years of experience in a business setting.
- A demonstrated knowledge of office operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently and adapt to changes in project requirements and/or the work environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other staff, members, community-based organizations, health center staff, customer/vendors/client groups.
- Proficient computer skills, and advance Microsoft Office 365 skills, particularly in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams.
- Experience in setting up surveys in online tools
Work Environment (includes physical requirements):
- Office environment.
- Prolonged sitting, use of computer, monitor, and keyboard; occasionally lifting of lightweight boxes.
TPCA offers an excellent benefits package to part-time employees that includes sick leave, holidays, and a flexible work environment.
It is the policy of TPCA that all applicants are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, genetic condition, marital status, or veteran status (past, present, or future service in the Uniformed Services of the United States), or other protected characteristics or identity as required by local, state, and federal law
This position will be supported in part by grant funding from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
How to Apply
Contact Information and Procedure:
Interested candidates should apply by submitting their application in TPCA’s online application system by January 3, 2021 Apply here
The position will remain open until filled by an excellent candidate. No email applications or applications in any other system will be accepted; no telephone inquiries, please.
Tennessee Primary Care Association
710 Spence Lane
Nashville, TN 37217
- Date Posted: December 4, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 13.74 - 20.62 Hourly
- Working Hours: 30 hrs/wk