Join CNM on 5/19 for our May Town Hall to learn more about graduate education opportunities in Middle Tennessee!

Tennessee Respite Coalition

Program Assistant

Tennessee Respite Coalition


Job Summary

For 18 years, the Tennessee Respite Coalition (TRC) has provided much needed respite and support services to caregivers across the state of Tennessee. We have developed a model program, gaining national recognition and leading the way across the country by providing comprehensive support to caregivers. In June of 2021 we were named a “Rising Star” by ARCH (Access to Respite Care and Help), the foremost national organization on respite.

We are seeking an organized and compassionate individual to support our Respite Voucher Program and provide general office administration and administrative support to our entire team.   Approximately 75% of the Program Assistant’s time will be spent answering our Helpline and providing administrative support to our Respite Voucher Coordinator, including but not limited to data entry, filing, and running background checks.  The other 25% of the Program Assistant’s time is spent supporting the rest of the team through administrative tasks and general office support.

The Program Assistant works 9:00am – 3:00pm, Monday – Friday in our Nashville office.  This position works 30 hours per week and is eligible for full benefits.

The Tennessee Respite Coalition is committed to actively cultivating and preserving a culture of equity, inclusion and connectedness. We strive to create a space that enables everyone to bring their full self to the work and that embraces the full spectrum of humanity.  These values permeate all aspects of our work.

We are committed to equitable hiring, training, promotional practices, and policies. We value the unique contributions people bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, marital status, religion, ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.

Job Responsibilities

  • Answer Helpline.
  • Conduct client intakes.
  • Answer phone calls. 
  • Data entry.
  • Hospitality (greet people as they come in, offer beverages, clean up after meetings, etc.).
  • Ensure the kitchen is cleaned up (dishes washed, counters wiped, etc.).
  • Ensure supply closet is organized.
  • Filing. 
  • Data entry.
  • Run background checks.
  • Prepare mailings.
  • Open and distribute mail.
  • Assist with off-site events.
  • Other duties as assigned.


  • Experience working with families involved in caregiving/parenting situations (personal involvement in caregiving considered).
  • Spanish speaking preferred.
  • Commitment to equity and inclusion.
  • High School Diploma required.
  • Extremely organized
  • Ability to work independently.
  • Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
  • Detail oriented.
  • Ability to multi-task.
  • Ability to work independently.
  • Excellent customer service skills.
  • Ability to empathize with families in stressful situations.
  • Effective time management skills.
  • Promptness and dependability.
  • Ability to follow oral or written directions.

Additional Information


  • Medical, Dental, Vision insurance.
  • For FY21-22, $2,000 per year reimbursement for mental health care
  • 3% agency contribution to IRA.
  • Opportunities for professional growth.
  • Office culture that supports and encourages wellness and work/life balance.

How to Apply

Send a cover letter and resume to


  • Date Posted: April 5, 2022
  • Type: Part-Time
  • Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
  • Service Area: Social / Human Services
  • Start Date: 05/02/2022
  • Salary Range: 35,000
  • Working Hours: Mon-Fri 9am - 3pm