Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Program and Curriculum Specialist
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Responsible for the development, publication and execution of new curriculum in critical areas and delivering council programs that meet the needs and interests of Girl Scouts throughout our 39 county service area
• Develops, organizes, and delivers high quality programs that meet the needs and interests of our girl membership.
• Develops and implements innovative new ways to deliver programs to our diverse population of girls, which include in person programs, travel programs, and package programs.
• Develops, writes and implements curriculum-based programs based on Council Focus areas and initiatives.
• Collaborates with subject matter experts and community partners in developing meaningful curricula in critical areas including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Racial/social Justice, Wellness, Civics and Environmental Stewardship.
• Collaborates frequently with other members of the program team to plan and execute programs.
• Intermittently oversees part-time program facilitators.
• Maintains ongoing relationships with community partners, while cultivating relationships with new partners in the community.
• Markets Girl Scout programs in a variety of mediums including email blasts, flyer creation, presentations to service units, community and civic organizations, schools, and churches to promote programs and Girl Scouts in general.
• Helps position Girl Scouting as a key community resource and expert in addressing girls’ issues.
• Collaborates with other departments, including membership, fund development, communications, and volunteer resources, to deliver program experiences that are beneficial for our girl membership and our organization.
• Models behavior consistent with the purpose, values, and mission of Girl Scouts of the USA and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee.
• Accepts additional responsibilities and performs other duties as delegated.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience in k-12 curriculum writing and development.
• Subject matter expertise in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion highly preferred.
• Experience in program development and delivery with youth.
• Creative, outgoing, motivated and able to design and deliver quality programs.
• Able to see projects through from conception to completion.
• Highly developed interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
• Able to communicate effectively and professionally in individual and group settings and work with people of all ages.
• Goal oriented, detail oriented, energetic and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
• Able to coordinate multiple projects at one time for large groups of 50 or more.
• Able to handle sensitive information.
• Able to work up to 2 weekends per month seasonally.
• Demonstrated computer skills, preferably in Microsoft Office products.
• Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule, including travel throughout our 39 county service area.
competitive benefits package
How to Apply
send cover letter, including salary requirements with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: March 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 04/19/2021
- Salary Range: $35,000-$40,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk