TN Society of CPAs
Professional Development & Events Associate
TN Society of CPAs
Title: Professional Development and Events Associate
Reports to: Director of Professional Development and Events
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
The Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA) is the state professional organization for certified public accountants who are principally employed or reside in Tennessee. The society’s membership is comprised of over 10,000 members in industry, government, business, education, and public accounting. With more than 100 years of service to the accounting profession, TSCPA acts on behalf of its members and provides support, enabling its members to perform quality professional services while serving the public interest. TSCPA offices are located at 201 Powell Place, Brentwood, TN 37027.
TSCPA provides over 300 continuing professional education (CPE) courses for members and non-members every year and plans other member programming and meetings. This position will assist the Director of Professional Development and Events in executing all aspects of continuing education and events programming.
Full Time, 40 hours a week
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for general administration of continuing professional education programs.
- Assist with education vendor communications and support, including contact with vendors prior to each seminar to review all arrangements, including course count, discussion leader hotel confirmation, travel arrangements, and location details.
- Recruiting and coordination of course administrators throughout the state.
- Works with website and AMS vendor to ensure proper functionality of CPE catalog and registration process online and in the AMS.
- Submit eligible courses for CLE approval and record approval numbers.
- Manage CPE discussion leaders.
- Upload eMaterials for CPE courses and create course evaluations.
- Send course cancellation notices to registrants as needed and follow up with registrants to ensure proper disposition of registration fees.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure they meet event requirements.
- Coordinate services for events, including but not limited to, participant registration, speaker accommodation and transportation, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, and printing.
- Arrange the availability and rental of audio-visual equipment, displays, etc. for events onsite.
- Maintain records of event aspects, including financial details and attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two to five years in meeting planning, association management or similar experience is preferred.
TSCPA offers a generous and competitive benefits package to eligible employees
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to Jim Layman, C.O.O., email@example.com
- Date Posted: April 13, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 05/17/2021