Production Manager, Sewing Training Academy
The Production Manager facilitates the production of soft goods and apparel in a clean, efficient, and productive manner.
- Manages the production team by upholding efficient systems while maintaining a high level of quality in all sewn goods.
- Supports production team members by motivating and promoting teamwork and empowering team members to do their best work.
- Maintain a safe workplace by following OSHA recommendations.
- Manages the scheduling of production team members by staying closely aware of team members’ capacity and skill levels.
- Field inquiries about production.
- Manages all active product development timelines to ensure timely completion which includes:
- Write detailed estimates for production runs.
- Pattern and prototype special projects with outside businesses.
- Use clear spreadsheets to calculate fabric and notions usage and place orders for fabric & supplies for production projects.
- Designing sewing plan/operations for production.
- Cutting production projects, sometimes with student help.
- Managing sewing for production projects.
- Supervises apprentices, this includes but is not limited to guiding the learning process, ensuring the 4:1 journey person-to-apprentice ratio is upheld regularly, working with the Director/Lead Instructor to approve any level/module advancements, and tracking hours.
- Schedules all machine and production equipment maintenance; fixes common machine errors and minor breakdowns; and calls for major machine repairs.
- Maintains tools and supplies inventory and orders machine supplies and equipment as needed within an established budget.
- Maintains accurate client/program records regarding services provided according to Agency guidelines, using the database(s) provided by the agency and within the Agency’s time frame.
- Actively participates in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of knowledge/experience in manufacturing including tasks such as production planning, pricing out a production run, developing apparel/textile products, designing, pattern drafting, cutting, prototyping, and maintaining quality control of garments or other soft goods.
- Experience industrial sewing on machines such as lockstitch, 3-thread serger, 5-thread serger, and industrial cutting tools.
- Experience delivering training preferred.
Additional Skills or Requirements
- Must be over age 21.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility with work schedule, resourcefulness, and independence.
- Open to trying out systems in the name of upholding STA values such as efficiency and quality.
- Highly disciplined time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and students.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software.
- A current driver’s license is required. Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Ten (10) vacation days
- Twelve (12) personal days
- Eighteen (18) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Pension plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/2047629/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Production-Manager-Sewing-Training-Academy
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: November 1, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Other
- Working Hours: About 25 hrs./wk.