PRN TeleHealth Counselor
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
This PRN position will be home-based and can work locally to any of our TN Crisis locations.
Our Specialized Crisis Services program serves children and adolescents under the age of 18 who are experiencing a crisis- suicidal, homicidal, physical aggression, or psychosis. The program specializes in working with the client, family, and other systemic key participants to assess the risks versus the protective factors to keep the client and others safe. Specialized Crisis Services strives to use the least restrictive environment. The Youth Villages’ SCS Program uses a systematic treatment model where interventions are parent focused bringing change through the family, school, community, and peer groups; training staff intensively in conducting assessment, crisis management, in-home treatment, and respite care.
The person selected for this position will be responding to crisis assessments via telehealth technology. Due to this, the position requires the applicant to have use of a personal computer device (desktop computer, laptop, iPad, etc.) with internet access and is able to download telehealth software on device; working knowledge of using video conferencing and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel. The applicant also needs to be able to create and email PDF documents from their personal device or have access to a fax machine when on shift. This position would be required to work from home.
Schedules vary but will likely include 3-4 shifts per week of being on call between 4pm-2am.
- A Master’s Degree in a social services discipline is required.
- Degrees that can be considered include: social work, counseling, psychology, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
- A minimum of one year experience counseling children and families is required
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Experience growth and development through our continuous training as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
How to Apply
Click here to complete the online application.
- Date Posted: February 28, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth