PRN Foster Parent Trainer/Recruiter- Jackson, TN
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Join the Force for Families!
The goal of our Foster Care program is to give children who have suffered trauma & hardship the chance to become part of a loving, nurturing foster family until they and their birth families are ready to be reunified. For children who cannot be reunified with their families, our goal is to help find an adoptive family instead.
Maybe YOU can help…
Are you a people person? Passionate about helping children and families? Combine your customer service and communications skills with the mission of helping children! Youth Villages is looking for someone to recruit, train, and certify foster parents so that our youth in foster care can find the loving home they deserve.
What would my role be?
As a Foster Parent Trainer/Recruiter, you would play a crucial role in finding capable foster parents for our children in need of placement and then providing them with the training and support to be successful.
- Develop and implement recruiting strategy for seeking out potential foster parents
- Partner with the community by attending events and building a network of people who share in our desire to help children in need
- Facilitate TN KEY training on weeknights and weekends
- Conduct home studies
- Assist with certification process and ensure compliance standards
- Nontraditional hours, flexibility required
- Daily travel across surrounding counties required
- A Bachelor’s degree in a social services discipline is required.
- Experience in marketing/recruiting/community outreach is preferred.
- Experience with training is preferred.
- Experience in foster care recruitment/training is a plus.
- Must have excellent customer service, communication, and written skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to maintain non-traditional hours involving some weeknights and weekends.
- You must have your own vehicle to use for work purposes as well as have liability insurance.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
How to Apply
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
- Date Posted: August 27, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth