PRN Crisis Response Counselor- Chattanooga, TN
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Our Specialized Crisis Services program serves children and adolescents under the age of 18 who are experiencing a crisis – suicidal, homicidal, physical aggression, or psychosis. The program specializes in working with the client, family, and other systemic key participants to assess the risks versus the protective factors to keep the client and others safe. Specialized Crisis Services strives to use the least restrictive environment. The Youth Villages’ SCS Program uses a systematic treatment model where interventions are parent focused bringing change through the family, school, community, and peer groups; training staff intensively in conducting assessment, crisis management, in-home treatment, and respite care.
- Provide mobile crisis response and thorough, strength-based assessment of children and families in crises in their natural environments.
- Utilize crisis respite homes when appropriate
- Provide ongoing treatment and intervention to maintain the families until appropriate services are secured
- Working non-traditional hours
- 24 hour availability
- Having flexibility in your schedule
- Working well with others in a highly supervised atmosphere
- Documentation that is on-line/ web-based and available to you from home
- Collaborate with adult crisis teams and community consumers
- Counselors may serve a 60+ mile radius from the office
- Counselors may be required to attend meetings on their days off
Schedules vary and will be discussed in greater detail during the interview process
- A Master’s degree in a social services discipline is required
- Degrees that can be considered include: social work, counseling, psychology, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
- One year of clinical experience counseling with youth
- Applicants who are provisionally licensed or working towards licensure are strongly preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- Counselors must have their own vehicle to use for work purposes as well as have liability insurance
How to Apply
- Date Posted: September 16, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth