Sexual Assault Center
PRN Accompaniment Advocate
Sexual Assault Center
Purpose: To provide medical accompaniment, information, support, and resources to SAC clients.
Reports To: Director of Advocacy, SAFE Clinic, and Statewide Sexual Assault Crisis Line
Job Type: Part-time, hourly position ($19.25 per hour). Mostly nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays. This position is on-site.
Major Duties Include:
- Participate in the Medical Accompaniment Program by assuming clinic coverage responsibilities to respond to sexual assault victims seeking medical-legal exams.
- To maintain appropriate and thorough documentation and electronic records.
- Attend Criminal Injuries Victims Compensation training every 3 years.
- Attend regularly scheduled Advocacy Team meetings.
- Attend SAC monthly all-staff meetings.
- Advocating for clients through criminal justice procedures.
- Maintain supportive contact with the survivor and appropriate parent/guardian, on an intensive basis, throughout the service delivery period.
- Always abide by the confidentiality policy.
- Other duties assigned.
- Experience working within diverse communities is required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage time and resources.
- Experience working with sexual assault victims/survivors and/or systems/organizations working on behalf of sexual assault victims/survivors.
- Experience working in or with health care settings.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams of individuals representing multiple organizations and interests.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and flexible.
- Able to identify and respond to shifting priorities effectively.
- Utilize good judgment to navigate uncertainty and possible conflict.
- Ability to Model trauma-informed approaches and cultural humility related to client care, supervision, and team/organizational wellness.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to navigate electronic record-keeping systems.
SAC reserves the right to waive any of the above qualifications dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
SAC offers generous paid time off, paid holidays, and training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
SAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: September 26, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $19.25/hr