Prison In-Reach Coordinator
Project Return helps people who are coming back from prison. As a Tennessee nonprofit organization, our mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and community after incarceration. For over four decades, Project Return has been doing its prisoner reentry work based in Nashville, generating employment opportunities, as well as providing a broad array of relationship-based, wraparound assistance and support, for people who come to Project Return with the determination to make a new beginning after incarceration
Coordinate and implement all in-facility work and relational efforts, in order to maximize pre-release connections with the incarcerated individuals who may be returning to the Nashville and Middle Tennessee area.
The following requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the job functions for this role:
- Lead all communication efforts with staff at incarceration facilities; manage regular in-reach schedule, coordinating staff from across agency to attend; coordinate, and schedule all meetings, contacts, and in-reach – in order to conduct presentations and classes, represent Project Return at prison resource fairs, and provide instruction and services – with the goal of connecting all people in prison who may be returning to the Nashville area with Project Return for enrollment and post-release services; facilitate/initiate “pipeline” recruitment strategy with incarceration facilities.
- Facilitate screenings and applications, at pre-release, of people in prison who are potentially eligible for Project Return services; conduct orientations and provide introductory information to prospective and new participants regarding their eligibility and our array of services; facilitate enrollment of participants.
- Design and copywrite regularly updated in-reach print materials
- Respond to and catalog all incoming mail to Project Return from carceral facilities.
- Develop and implement the Project Return presentation material for pre-release classes and other in-prison presentations and for prison resource fairs.
- Collaborate closely and collegially with Project Return co-workers, supporting their efforts, mutually sharing information, and contributing helpful input for the betterment of the agency and services to participants.
- Participate in staff meetings, and other collective endeavors of the agency.
- Participate in outreach and recruitment activities for Project Return.
- Provide input and assistance as needed in reporting efforts for the agency.
- Adhere to the values of Project Return and contribute positively to a workplace that functions as a model to the people we serve.
- Other duties as needed or as determined by the work of the agency.
Experience, skills, and interests preferred: Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work with diverse people and to build relationships; dedication to achieving goals & to being results-oriented; ability to work effectively under pressure; proactive work ethic and strengths-based approach; ability to identify and/or anticipate a problem & when appropriate, identify solutions and implement a course of action; strong attention to detail and quality; ability to continue a course of action in the face of adversity; ability to bring stamina and vigor to all aspects of the work; willingness to perform regular local and sometimes regional travel.
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, and EAP.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Zuay Thompson, with “In-Reach Coordinator” in the subject line.
- Date Posted: January 18, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Other
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm