Prevention Specialist (International Teen Outreach Program)
To provide prevention services to immigrant and refugee youth and families, and actively participate on the Youth Engagement and Action team.
- Utilize evidence base positive youth development curriculum to coordinate the provision of service-learning and prevention group services for and with youth from international descent at two Metro Nashville Public Schools.
- Coordinate the provision of college access activities and workshops which focus on developing a college going identity.
- Coordinate youth leadership group, activities, and event planning for a citywide celebration of diversity.
- Coordinate & provide prevention services within school and community settings.
- Actively engage with school and community partners to coordinate site specific programming.
- Help build an inclusive, engaging and welcoming school climate that increases student attendance and school connectedness. Facilitate the referral process for potential participants.
- Provide intake and assessment services to youth and families referred to the program.
- Provide service/learning and prevention services for and with middle and high school students.
- Provide summer programming for youth, as required.
- Facilitate prevention group sessions, as required by the assigned project.
- Provide parent outreach, family group, and supportive services, when appropriate.
- Document participant interaction in a consistent and ethical manner through weekly data entry and maintaining orderly client and program files.
Bachelor’s degree or 3 years relevant experience.
This position will work a hybrid schedule, with two remote days when feasible.
Inclusive environment dedicated to equity.
PTO – including Birthday and Juneteenth
Health Savings Account
Dental & Vision- Free employee coverage
401K- up to 3% match
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Jenn Garcia – Jgarcia@oasiscenter.org
- Date Posted: July 25, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 37K-41K