Nashville Parks Foundation
Nashville Parks Foundation
Founded as a 501c3 in 2015, Nashville Parks Foundation exists to enhance parks for everyone through philanthropy, advocacy, and community partnerships. For more information, please visit: http://www.nashvilleparksfoundation.org/
This leadership role is a part-time position as a CEO for the foundation. The CEO provides strategic leadership, fundraising, and day-to-day management of NPF, reporting to the NPF Board of Directors. The position is responsible for enhancing the visibility of the Foundation to ensure that the mission, programs, and services present a strong positive image to all stakeholders. The position will develop processes and procedures to support the mission and programs of the Metro Parks Department while accomplishing daily administrative activities.
Nashville is fortunate to have a mosaic of diverse neighborhoods and parks, each with its own distinct characteristics, values, and visitors so it is essential that the new President and CEO works with our community partners to support and guide the Foundation’s efforts towards an equitable parks system for all Nashville residents
The NPF CEO is responsible for working with the Nashville Parks Foundation Board and implementing the priorities set by the board. Expected key job functions may include:
- In collaboration with NPF board leadership, determines the foundation strategy to support and fund critical Parks Department initiatives. Provides creative and innovative approaches to fundraising, advocacy, policy and foundation
- Leads the board and volunteers in creating and implementing the foundation strategic plan and establishes the operating plan and objectives to achieve the long-term
- Works with leaders to create and implement a culture of philanthropy throughout the
Staff Management (as needed and/or required)*
- Provides leadership, direction, and mentoring to foundation
- Recruits, hires, and manages an effective team. Develops goals, objectives, and plans for effective team performance.
- Provides strategic and professional development opportunities to advance individual and team
*Staffing needs and/or additions will be addressed as the Foundation grows
Metro Parks Department Collaboration
- Works in collaboration with the Parks Director and key Parks staff including scheduling a regular meetings, develops the foundation’s strategic position and case for support for funding Metro Parks programs, services, and
- Works closely with the Parks Director to ensure that NPF and Parks are strategically and operationally aligned for maximum support and
- Develops and implements a fundraising plan consistent with NPF strategy to reach and cultivate new and diverse donors. In concert with the board, establishes appropriate financial goals and metrics to monitor progress and evaluate performance
- Engages foundation board and volunteers in the process of identifying, nurturing, and soliciting
- Leads and directs fundraising activities including annual and broad-based fundraising, major gift initiatives, events and sponsorship, corporate giving, and planned
- Maintains a major gift portfolio of top tier gift prospects to secure six- and seven-figure
- Directs and oversees foundation operations including systems, databases, and donor
- Directs and leads donor relations, recognition, and stewardship strategies programs and ensures effective implementation to cultivate and honor
- Works with Board Treasurer to oversee foundation financial operations; establishes, implements, and monitors the operating budget.
- Ensures overall sound financial management; manages foundation contracts and consults the board and legal counsel, as
- The NPF Board of Directors is an engaged, governing board in which this position builds and maintains strong relationships with board members; collaborates with the board to develop strategy and fundraising
- Assists the board with recruitment, development, and engagement including committee assignment and development.
- Provides direction to the board regarding foundation policy development and
Marketing and External Relations
- Serves as foundation spokesperson locally and Participates in related organizations and associations relative to NPF advancement; represents and presents NPF to the public.
Competencies & Skills
- Leadership, innovation and business acumen
- Passion for Metro Parks, the Parks Department mission, and the impact parks have on the community
- Vision, strategic thinking, and planning skills with the ability to establish both short-term and long-term strategies and plans for achieving organizational goals
- Proven success with fundraising strategies and tactics
- Ability to accomplish tasks in collaboration with and through others
- Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect and be persuasive with a variety of constituents
- Communication skills (including, verbal, written, presentation, and listening)
- Ability to establish priorities, goals, and timelines and lead a team in the achievement of quantifiable outcomes
- High level and effective problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Orientation toward action and results
- Financial management
- Ethics and integrity in activities inside and external to
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Significant (7+ years) and progressively responsible experience with fund development or comparable processes
- Significant leadership and management experience, including involvement in the nonprofit
- Master’s or advanced degree in a related field
- Foundation leadership experience
- Responsibility for managing a governing board
- Experience and familiarity with public parks and Metro Parks Department leadership
- Compensation will be determined based on experience.
How to Apply
Please send Resume & accompanying info to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: June 11, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Environment