President and CEO
NashvilleHealth seeks a progressive, energetic, mission-focused President and CEO. NashvilleHealth creates a culture of health and wellbeing by serving as a convener to open dialogue, align resources and build smart results-oriented partnerships. It develops bold plans and executes strategies to equitably enhance health and wellbeing in Nashville.
For more information on NashvilleHealth, please visit www.nashvillehealth.org
The top candidate should have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with culturally diverse stakeholders and contexts.
- Excellent communications, organizational, and planning skills and ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Ability to work effectively within a small and diverse team, being both a collaborative team player and a self-motivated initiator.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to promote a compassionate and competent image of NashvilleHealth throughout interactions with varied constituents, including, but not limited to, board members, funders, staff, elected officials, policy makers, nonprofit community leaders, and health care leaders.
- Demonstrated commitment to equitable and compassionate health care. This includes deep knowledge about and authentic connection to communities of color and other priority populations.
- Ability and understanding to engage affected communities in defining problems and proposed solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Multiple years of proven results in building an organization and achieving results.
- Progressive leadership experience in healthcare, public health or non-profit arenas.
- Healthcare policy knowledge/experience preferred.
- Experience working in or around government preferred.
- Understanding of Tennessee non-profit and political landscape preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, and a current resume to:
NashvilleHealth Trust Search Committee
c/o Center for Nonprofit Management
Applicant screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
NashvilleHealth is committed to building a Culture of Health that provides everyone in Middle Tennessee a fair and just opportunity for health and wellbeing. Achieving this goal requires focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion. This goal is consistent with the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Commitment of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Link
- Date Posted: March 2, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)