We have an excellent opportunity for an inspired leader with the ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and staff. Our client is a multi-regional mission driven not for profit with greater than $50M in revenues. The selected individual will provide leadership oversight of operations, finance, human resources, strategic planning, facilities, and business development. They will facilitate a positive image of the organization to customer stakeholders and within the communities being served. The successful candidate will be confident and passionate about consistently identifying and navigating new opportunities for driving long-term success.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
The president will lead the executive team toward the following key aims:
- Participate in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Develop, recommend, and implement programs to sustain positive financial improvement operational effectiveness, clinical superiority, and employee morale.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies that effectively communicate and support the Company’s mission and strategic vision.
- Serve as advisor to the executive leadership team on all aspects of business operations so they can effectively lead their business units. Lead with the heart of a teacher.
- Interact regularly with the leaders of each business unit to ascertain needs and ensure the Company initiatives are in line with the organization’s strategic vision and budget and to meet the performance requirements of each of the business units.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable firms and industries.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization, to be an effective listener and problem solver.
- Provide metrics on a consistent basis to measure critical performance indicators within the organization.
- Directing and oversighting the organizations fiscal activities including budgeting, reporting and auditing.
- Demonstrate exceptional stewardship of resources by streamlining operations and effectively and efficiently managing to budgets
- Maintain relationships with government payment sources, anticipating changes in reimbursement models and working with CFO to position organization to perform optimally.
- Develop competitive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective performance.
- Implement strategies to increase productive organization-wide communication and engagement.
- Translate the Company strategic business plans into operational plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies, policies and regulatory action.
- Be an active member in all initiatives that support the growth and development of our team.
- Evaluate all levels within the organization for identification and development of future leaders.
- Identify gaps for leadership roles and develop opportunities to recruit or train to close gaps.
- Evaluate the performance management process and revamp as needed to meet the organization’s current and future needs.
- Provide training and lead by example in critical areas of leadership development, effective communication, and change management.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures by implementing systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Represent the organization with external regulatory and judicial proceedings.
- Develop and manage comprehensive recruiting and retention plans to meet human capital needs.
- Enhance and/or implement and manage the information systems to track and report on key metrics to gauge the effectiveness of processes and programs, analyze trends and support recommendations for new initiatives.
- Evaluate the organizational structure and plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Serve as a Strategic Business Partner to management and staff on employee relations issues, interpretation of Company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provide guidance to managers on performance management, leadership, and performance improvement plans.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience and success as a Chief Executive Officer, President, Chief Operations Officer or similar role for a multi-location healthcare provider
- Highly ethical behavior, effective communicator and exceptional interpersonal skills
- 5-7 years working in an executive-level position, in healthcare
- MBA, CPA or relevant advanced degree preferred
- Strong understanding of Management, Public Relations and Marketing principals
- Government contracting experience
- 25% Travel
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience. Management incentives.
- Health, Dental, Life insurance
- Paid time Off
- Company paid 401k
- Relocation assistance may be considered
How to Apply
Please email Lori Willeford at Lori.email@example.com
- Date Posted: April 6, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 05/16/2022
- Working Hours: Normal weekday hours