WHO WE ARE
Based in Nashville, ThinkTennessee is a nonpartisan, results-oriented think tank that uses research and advocacy to build a state where all Tennesseans are civically engaged and economically secure.
We believe our state does best when voters have a say in the decisions that impact their lives and workers earn enough to support their families. That’s why we focus on researching and then advocating for policies that empower voters, support working families, and build a shared understanding of how our state stacks up nationally.
More information about ThinkTennessee is available at www.thinktennessee.org.
Our next President will continue ThinkTennessee’s strong momentum and increase our ability to drive change at the state and local levels. They will lead efforts to shape our strategic vision, empower our powerhouse staff, grow our team, and raise the resources necessary to support our work. They will champion our work at the local, state, and national levels and will represent us in the media.
Leadership & Management:
- Partner with the board of directors and staff to set a strategic vision and oversee its execution.
- Hire, develop, and retain staff while leading the organization through a critical scaling period.
- Support staff and hold them accountable with collaboratively developed evaluation metrics.
- Maintain, develop, and support our strong, high-profile board of directors and advisory board. Recruit new board members that meet the rigorous standards to which current board members are accountable.
- Continue our record of strong governance and impeccable operations.
Operations, Fundraising, & Budget:
- Lead efforts to raise and grow the resources necessary to support our work.
- Work with the board of directors and staff to design and implement our fundraising plan and budget.
- Ensure that the organization meets all compliance requirements.
Communication & External Relations:
- Champion ThinkTennessee’s work at the local, state, and national levels. Maintain and grow our network of stakeholders, organizational partners, and coalition members.
- Work with staff to refine and implement our robust communications strategy; represent ThinkTennessee in the media as our on-the-record spokesperson.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Our next President must demonstrate a passion for public policy and a strong record of effectively managing teams, raising resources, and leveraging relationships to produce results in complex political environments.
Experience and Education
- Experience successfully leading teams to achieve a strategic vision.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting policy or political goals.
- Successful fundraising and development experience.
- Terminal or master’s-level degree preferred.
- Intentional and effective leader; able to manage a team to hit goals and build a values-and results-driven culture.
- Exceptional writer and communicator; able to represent ThinkTennessee in public forums and in the media.
- Strategic relationship builder and manager; able to foster relationships with diverse stakeholders who may have competing interests.
- Engaged advocate; is familiar with Tennessee’s political and policy environment.
- Passion for and demonstrated commitment to ThinkTennessee’s mission.
- Ability to flourish in a dynamic environment and to adjust to changing political circumstances.
- Solves problems creatively and strategically, with a focus on systemic improvement.
- Leads collaboratively with an engaging and confident interpersonal style.
WORKING AT THINKTENNESSEE
We offer a competitive salary ($105,000-$115,000) commensurate with experience. Our benefits package includes a 401(k) plan in which we match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary, an excellent health care plan (including dental and vision), and paid parental leave.
The position is based in Nashville, TN. Candidates must live in or near Nashville or be willing to relocate. Because of the pandemic, our organization is currently operating remotely. We will return to a hybrid in-person and remote work environment when it is safe to do so. Employees will be expected to work at our downtown Nashville office at least two days a week.
ThinkTennessee is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization focused on moving Tennessee forward, we understand that diverse teams are stronger, more innovative, and more productive. Candidates of all races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who do not meet all listed criteria should still apply, as our organizational structure provides opportunities for professional growth. We are looking for the right person for this role, not just the right resume.
Fill out your application HERE. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Date Posted: November 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Government
- Start Date: 02/01/2022
- Salary Range: $105,000-$115,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.