West End United Methodist Church
Preschool Executive Director
West End United Methodist Church
The Executive Director is responsible for the management, administration and growth of the West End UMC Preschool to ensure an environment that allows children, their families, and the staff to develop to their full potential. The Executive Director is accountable for program operation that exceeds National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) criteria.
Please visit the church’s website to view the complete job description at http://www.westendumc.org/about/job-openings
• Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Master’s Degree preferred. Course work in business administration is preferred.
• Experience Required: Expertise in both early childhood education/child development and administration/management. Minimum of three years teaching in early childhood education setting. Three to five years of experience in a progressive administrative leadership role.
•Abilities Required: Abilities to make independent decisions and apply established procedures to individual and specific situations pertaining to children, parents, committees or staff in a non-biased manner. Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills and be conscientious and able to efficiently handle multiple tasks. Must have organizational and computer skills. Must be able to maintain a poised, professional demeanor.
Continuing Education Required or Expected:
• Complete a minimum of 20 hours of professional development and training per year. At least 6 hours shall be in administration, management or supervisory training. Up to four hours may be earned conducting training
Maintain an annually updated Professional Development Plan (PDF)
Must be able to meet DHS requirements with a medical statement indicating that your general physical and mental condition permits you to direct and actively participate in activities with children, parents and staff. Additionally, must comply with a tuberculosis test.
Work is done in a well-lit, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
Light physical activity normally performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature, using close vision with moderate noise. Continuous work on computer to carry out daily tasks.
Must be able to coordinate work, constantly move about, able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms (occasionally overhead), stoop, kneel, talk to and hear staff and parent requests, and also occasionally lift or carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Must be able to respond quickly, moving and guiding children to safety in the event of an emergency.
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 403(b) or ROTH
- 403(b) or ROTH matching
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Discount for Dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Please apply online by visiting our website at http://www.westendumc.org/about/job-openings
You may contact Melanie Paulson if you prefer a paper application at 615-321-8500.
West End United Methodist Church is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
- Date Posted: July 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 09/28/2021
- Salary Range: $50,000-$75,000 annually
- Working Hours: Monday through Friday with occasional weekend and night time responsibilities.